Join the team at Fairmont Banff Springs. Set in one of Western Canada’s most spectacular alpine destinations, Banff offers a unique community of hospitality enthusiasts, outdoor adventure seekers, artists, entertainers, and families alike. It's the perfect work/life combination.
Adventure & Experiences Group Coordinator
The Fairmont Banff Springs is looking for a successful and enthusiastic Adventure & Experiences Group Coordinator who will assist in bringing programming and events to life from conception through to completion. Your vision and leadership will ensure an engaged team, efficient operations – and service that exceed the expectations of every guest and client. If you are creative, organized, energetic, an outdoor enthusiast, highly organized and love working with 'kids' of all ages, this may be the perfect role for you!
What is in it for you:
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status employees
- One complimentary meal per shift in our staff cafeteria (additional meals can be purchased for $4/meal)
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Vision & Dental) including extended benefits like; Mental Health (up to $5,000/year), Orthodontics (up to $2,500 - lifetime), Fertility Drugs and Gender Affirmation (Lifetime maximum of $10,000) for full time permanent status employees
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with employer matching up to 5% of annual earnings for full time permanent status employees
- Employee travel program with discounts on room rates as well as on food & beverage at Fairmont & Accor properties world-wide
- Access to the Mountain Explorer Travel Program – exclusive room rates for colleagues, which includes 50% off all food & beverage when staying at Fairmont Resorts in Lake Louise, Jasper & Whistler (subject to availability)
- Comprehensive wellness platform (LifeWorks) for employee mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts while using our resort’s Food & Beverage Outlets, Fitness Centre, Spa and Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Courses
- Automatically added to our resort’s Colleague Lifestyle Program which includes access to staff activities and events
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Banff Springs and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
- Reporting to the Adventure & Experiences Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Coordinate appointments and scheduling of special events / activities on the calendar.
- Updating client contracts and client management system (Sales & Catering) as required.
- Conducts walk-throughs and meetings with events, conference services and our employess for upcoming events / activities as needed.
- Communicate with all partners regarding event requirements and expectations. Arrange food and beverage, operational supplies, audiovisual equipment and collateral for all department special events, activities and animation (BEO’s).
- Serve as liaison with vendors on special event-related matters on day of events (including, but not limited to keynote speakers, guest entertainers, holiday enhancement vendors, groups, etc).
- Capture information on departmental projects to achieve quality event productions.
- Review all online and printed marketing material and provide updates to marketing team as required.
- Booking and coordinating corporate group events.
- Establishing and managing relationships with clients.
- Constantly review industry trend and provide insight and creative input on new additions to leaders.
- Contribute to the creation and development of future corporate events and activities
- Handle any guest concerns as required.
- Support Director, Manager and key partners on all events / activities.
- Act as on duty leader for department.
- Cover departmental programming as needed.
- Assist with daily operations as needed based on business demands.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
- Degree / Diploma preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- Standard First Aid certificate (preferred)
- At least 2 years’ experience in programming, entertainment or event planning.
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments at the same time and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Must be highly responsible, self-motivated, creative, energetic and organized.
- Strong team player.
- Phenomenal customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Strong knowledge of the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Strong attention to detail.
Your team and working environment:
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor? We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/ Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
APPLY TODAY: For more information on working and living in at Fairmont Banff Springs, please visit www.banffspringsjobs.com.