Contributes to the development of Banquet revenue through the performance of service. Supports the purpose and goals of the Catering Department through proficient service and guest satisfaction.
- To carry out all details of service according to established procedures; and ensure that all preparations are carried out according to the Catering order.
- Responsible for staffing all functions and keeping within budget guidelines. Prepares and posts weekly schedules.
- Monitors the quality of food and beverage and its presentation by communicating and consulting with Chef, Stewards, and the Catering Department.
- Directs houseman to maintain proper upkeep of Banquet Rooms and equipment.
- Conducts scheduled emergency and service training classes to always promote quality service and safety.
- Assess the physical condition of the Banquet areas and maintains cleaning schedule of Banquet floor with the Executive Housekeeper.
- Communicate information to other department heads as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Restaurant and Banquets Manager and/or Director of Catering.
- College gaduate preferred in Travel Industry Management or Business Adminitration major.
- Cetification from ac accredited food service/preparation institution.
- One year Banquet eperience and supervisory experience.
- Prior work in a union envirornment preferred.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills.
- Well groomed and projects a professional image.
- Detail oriented and able to follow up on tasks.
- Confident and displays good leadership skills.
- Ability to work with individuals of varied ethnic groups and educational levels.
- Dependable, positive attitude.
- Ability to make sound judgment.
- Service oriented, outgoing.
- Knowledgeable of wine.
- Good mathematical and analytical skills.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment information and inquiries: Zachariah Rivera - Talent and Culture Manager at 808-944-4390 or email@example.com.