ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, FOOD & BEVERAGE
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and inspired food & beverage are the hallmarks of every dining experience. Utilize your leadership skills as Assistant Director, Food and Beverage, where your passion for both guest service and our food & beverage offerings will ensure an engaged team, consistent guest satisfaction and outstanding operating results.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor properties worldwide
- Exclusive Employee and Friends & Family Discounts at Fairmont Empress Hotel
- Exclusive access to the Pacific Northwest Food & Beverage Discount Program with 50% off at our dining destinations in Vancouver, Victoria, and Whistler
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Complimentary meal during your shift through our Colleague Dining Program
- Complimentary uniform laundering
- Access to our comprehensive benefits and wellness programs, including extended healthcare benefits and RMT, dental, vision, and complimentary counseling, wellness sessions, financial and family planning through LifeWorks
- Access to our company-matched Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP)
- Opportunity to develop your talent through coaching and our Leadership Mentoring Programs
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Director, Food & Beverage, you will be an active and contributing member of the execution of strategic goals of the Food and Beverage Division. You will lead the Food & Beverage division by promoting a positive hotel culture and ensuring effectiveness of our luxury guest services, employee performance & development, and service enhancements. You will oversee the strategic development of Q Bar, Q Restaurant, Banquets, Tea at the Empress, Veranda and In-Room Dining. Analytical skills, planning, creativity, and leading others are your strengths.
Your responsibilities include:
- Lead, mentor and train the Food & Beverage operations team to deliver on our Service Culture and leadership promise
- Develop sincere relationships with guests, colleagues, and departments in a warm atmosphere
- Use your emotional intelligence to create unforgettable guest experiences by understanding each guest as a unique individual, engaging with empathy, anticipating guest needs, and delivering a flawless experience
- Inspire your team to provide our guests with a flawless, meaningful and authentic luxury experience delivered in a personal way
- Act as an Ambassador and collaborate with the operations team by responding in a professional, timely and consistent manner to guest, colleague, and third party concerns, with the goal of always improving and when necessary, recovering remarkably
- Demonstrate a commitment to Service Excellence through a visible presence on the floor, responding to and analyzing guest feedback through our Voice of Guest platform, and leading improvement activities based on guest and colleague feedback
- Strategize on new products, service offerings, and upsell opportunities
- Create and achieve F&B goals aligned with our four pillars (colleague, guest, owner, brand)
- Create an F&B leadership succession plan by coaching and developing leaders through ongoing conversation and feedback, annual performance reviews, developmental plans, and career paths
- Lead F&B division in employee engagement initiatives and action planning based on colleague feedback and engagement survey responses
- Host and empower departmental leaders to hold monthly departmental meetings related to hotel goals and planning, guest satisfaction, financial results, employee engagement, health & safety, employee recognition, sustainability, brand standards, etc.
- Actively participate in hotel committees for recognition, sustainability, health & safety, and diversity & inclusion, and promote and champion committee initiatives
- Network with peers in the PNW region and industry to understand industry trends and develop innovative service and product ideas
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with corporate and tourism sponsors
Your experience and skills include:
- Prior experience working in a union environment preferred
- University degree in Hotel Management or related discipline a strong asset
- Ability to lead by example by promoting a strong team culture and setting the scene for high performance
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- Proven ability to analyze data and trends, create strategies for improvement, and take risks
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Highly organized and ability to work well under pressure with competing priorities and deadlines
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Vision and ability to lead and motivate others
- Ability to create and promote a fun working environment
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Occasional bending and kneeling
- Occasional carrying and lifting up to 20lbs
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Your team and working environment:
Welcome to Canada’s Castle on the Coast. The Empress Hotel sits proudly at the centre of culture and history in Victoria, British Columbia. This is the best of all worlds – where contrast meets distinction, opulence blends harmoniously with the understated and fabled history meshes with contemporary affairs. This award-winning Victoria hotel and National Historic Site is an alluring blend of classic and contemporary, vintage and cutting-edge: Where Modern meets Iconic. Come join our wonderful team of hospitality experts!
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS