Your team and working environment:
Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia- host mountain resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular coastal mountain range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination- just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and an on-site championship golf course, Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 519 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slope-side Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure. Join us and start yours today!
What is in it for you!
- One complimentary meal per shift in our staff cafeteria
- Eligible to participate in Leisure Benefit Package which can be contributed towards ski pass or other lifestyle and wellness initiatives (November through May)
- Eligible to participate in the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Vision & Dental) including extended benefits like; Mental Health (up to $5,000/year), Orthodontics (up to $2,500/year), Fertility Drugs and Gender Affirmation (Lifetime maximum of $10,000) for full time permanent status employees
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with employer matching up to 5% of annual earnings for full time permanent status employees
- Employee travel program with discounts on room rates as well as on food & beverage at Fairmont & Accor properties world-wide
- Access to the Mountain Explorer Travel Program – exclusive room rates for colleagues, which includes 50% off all food & beverage when staying at Fairmont Resorts in Banff, Lake Louise & Jasper (subject to availability)
- Comprehensive wellness platform (LifeWorks) for employee mental health and wellbeing support
- Discounts while using our resort’s Food & Beverage Outlets, Fitness Centre, and Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Course
- Automatically added to our resort’s Colleague Lifestyle Program which includes access to staff activities and events
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Chateau Whistler and over 5,000 properties with Accor
Assistant Front Office Manager
Providing engaging, sincere, personalized service is one of the ways our Front Office colleagues are turning moments into memories for our guests. Showcase your interpersonal strengths as an Assistant Front Office Manager, where you will lead, train, and recognize your team in support of exceptional guest service.
What you will be doing:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and engaging service
- Assist the Front Office Manager in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly, tracking and notifying proper areas to guarantee memorable moments for our guests
- Ensure proper staffing and scheduling of all Front Office colleague in accordance to productivity and guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- Service focused personality is essential
- Previous experience in a similar leadership role is an asset
- Prior experience working with Opera or a related system
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities and the ability to lead by example
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management is an asset
Physical aspects include but are not limited to:
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS