Bakery Chef - Mövenpick Resort & Residences Aqaba
The incumbent is responsible for under the general guidance and supervision of the Pastry Chef, assists in directing and controlling the whole bread production in a manner that ensures the highest level of bread quality, sanitation in bread service and departmental profitability. Responsible for high quality of bread and presentation of Buffet sets up, a’ la Carte dishes and Banquets and to build up and maintain an excellent reputation. Display creativity, in order to be different and new to create a new market.
What is in it for you:
- Comply with the Company’s Corporate Code of Conduct
- Hands over related duties to the Chef de Party
- Familiarize yourself with the company values and model desired behaviours
- Perform tasks as directed by the Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
- Is familiar with all relevant company documentation and relevant OSM for his/her field of responsibility.
- To be imaginative and creative
- Building up a professional team of chefs
What you will be doing:
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions to improve the environment and menus
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to property recipes and standards
- Communicate effectively with the rest of the team and thrive for guest feedback
Your experience and skills include:
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively and collectively as part of a team
- Add diplomas/certifications required if needed
Your team and working environment:
- Is in charge of the Night Shift
- Informs on a daily basis the Executive Chef of all relevant information in operational and personal matter, including information that does not require the Executive Chef’s action
- Checks on taste, consistently and quantity of all prepared bread items, ensure there in no over production
- Assists the Executive Chef in the production, preparation and presentation of all bread Items to ensure highest food quality at all times.
- Assists in maintaining effective food control systems by determining menus, purchasing needs, defining quality specification, observing bread products at receiving, storing and issuing
- Assists the Executive Sous Chef in proposing menus and buffet set-ups in a creative and market oriented manner
- Assists in development and implementing standards, Recipes, Portion size and costing
- Assists within the kitchen operation, daily market lists and inter-kitchen transfers as required and submits to the Executive Chef.
- Assists the Executive Chef in monitoring bread service procedures
- Trains service employee about different bread items on the menu or buffet
- Under the guidance of the Executive Chef assists in conducting formal on-the-job training sessions for kitchen employees.
- Keep closely follow up on maintenance or repair orders, if there is any
- Controls movement of unauthorized person in the kitchen
- Check punctuality and attendance off all employees.
- Ensures proper storage of all raw materials and bread items, and makes sure no spoilt materials are kept.
- Check all dry storerooms requisitions and makes sure, no over ordering was done. Keeps an eye on the products as to never get shortage especially before public holiday or busy season
- Checks and taste all buffet, displays and banqueting set-ups in accordance to the Executive Chef’s specification and takes action if he sees discrepancies immediately
- During peak hours i.e. lunch and dinner, Jr. Sous Chef is to be stationed at the outlet kitchen or Buffet to ensure the bread is served according to the Executive Chef’s specification.
- Assists in monitoring daily buffet left over and suggests necessary changes with new ideas and items to the Executive Chef.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS