fl.2 Assistant Manager
We are currently seeking a passionate fl.2 Assistant Manager to join the Fairmont Pittsburgh team. This leader will work closely with other operational managers to enhance processes, efficiency, and service. The candidate will have a proactive approach to hospitality, and will constantly strive to innovate and implement new ideas to enhance our service product.
What Is In It For You:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible Benefit and PTO plans
- Generous 401k options
- Employee rates at Luxe Accor properties in North and Central America
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within our property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet21 and Employee Wellbeing initiatives
What You Will Be Doing:
- Active floor management, driving the service vision within fl.2 to build guest loyalty and outstanding service results.
- Focus on creating revenue driving ideas and opportunities to engage and innovate with both the local market and in-house guests.
- Ensure that all colleagues are trained and held accountable for brand standards and that colleagues are always reflective of our grooming standards and in a clean and proper uniform.
- Manage and develops audit programs of brand standards and completes coaching sessions with colleagues.
- Consistently has a presence with our colleagues in the F&B areas while balancing the administrative needs of the position.
- Ensure departmental schedules reflect our service commitments, colleague needs, and business-productivity commitments.
- Take responsibility of the cleanliness, maintenance, and storage procedures of the operations
- Participate in ordering, inventory, and monitors use of supplies.
- Execute opening and closing checklists.
- Review daily reports (Arrival, VIP, Group Resumes, etc.) and communicates all special requirements and monitors execution.
- Conduct daily shift briefings ensuring that our colleagues are well informed and prepared to deliver outstanding service.
- Ensure proper cash handling procedures are followed and Accounting standards are adhered to.
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment for both colleagues and guests.
- Oversee day to day operation of F&B areas in collaboration with other managers.
- Other duties as assigned
Your Skills and Qualifications Include:
- Minimum 2 years progressive Food and Beverage Management experience required, preferably in a luxury Hotel setting
- Computer knowledge, particularly POS (Silverware) and Microsoft Office an asset
- Experience in working within a unionized environment an asset
- Hands on management style with ability to prioritize and lead through example
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with great communication ability
- Must be available to work afternoon/evening shifts and weekends.
Physical Aspects of the Position (include but not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
- Visa Requirements: Must have proof of valid U.S. work authorization.
Your Team and Working Environment
Fairmont Pittsburgh, a 4 diamond LEED certified luxury hotel, is located at the heart of Pittsburgh’s business, cultural and retail hub. Fairmont Pittsburgh offers superb and distinctive guest services and accommodations in a luxury setting.
Drawing from Pittsburgh’s rich history, fl.2 showcases a wide selection of local beers, craft cocktails, and an elevated Modern American menu with unique signature items that have the power to transform guests into regulars. Vibrant and inviting, the restaurant and bar offers a space that allows for an open, airy atmosphere with a modern framework incorporated with architectural elements.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Fairmont Pittsburgh is an equal opportunity employer. We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit, and promote diverse talent.
Why Work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you are you are and you can find the job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor!