Housing & Government Affairs Executive
Housing & Government Affairs Executive will mainly handle the Accommodation of the Heartists, the total immigration process of all Heartists, as well as any legal and government duties related to the Fairmont Fujairah.
What is in it for you:
- Accommodation and meals provided
- Transportation to & from the hotel
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Cluster Talent & Culture Manager & Cluster Government Relation Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Allocation of housing for all new Heartists.
- Check and maintain monthly inventory of all Heartists and management accommodation.
- Detailed logs and solves all maintenance issues.
- Liaising with any housing issues; ie. Internet/washing machines.
- Raising LPOs and seeing them through to approval for any accommodation-related matters.
- Investigating any colleague’s accommodation requests and communicating if feasible or not.
- Create and coordinates colleague activities and programs.
- Ensure necessary accommodation rules and regulations are known and respected by all Heartists.
- Conduct regular inspections of apartments/rooms, Heartists Utopia, gyms and other Heartists’ facilities to ensure they are well maintained.
- Responsible for updating all employee bulletin boards in accommodation.
- Keeps the Talent & Culture team informed regarding pertinent issues in the housing.
- Assisting in room setups for new arrivals.
- Ensure that welcome letters and packs are placed in the rooms for new arrivals.
- Assist with Lease contract renewals or terminations.
- Handles Accommodation contract renewal & FEWA matters.
- Responsible for dealing with pest control in the accommodation apartments.
- Responsible for getting quotes if furniture has to be moved.
- Assisting in room movements to maximize inventory.
- Dealing with Authorities with regards to Water and Electricity matters for the management housing.
- Proper documentation and tracking files are in place.
Government Affairs-related tasks:
- Assist with the issuance of all visas, labour cards and labour contracts to Colleagues.
- Responsible for application and renewal of Emirates ID cards.
- Issuing official letter/s needed by the Heartists to official and Government authorities (i.e. Driving license, Embassy, etc.)
- In charge of all administrative duties relating to government relations.
- Maintain tracking system for visa renewals to ensure all are valid.
- Assist and support the Cluster T&C Manager and Cluster Government Relations Manager whenever required.
- Creates/initiates special forms and formats needed for correspondence relating to Government and Immigration entities.
- In charge of all dealings relating to visa processing with Immigration.
- Applying for all hotel permits & licenses.
- Maintain a confidential filling system for Heartists’ housing files, records and documents, and ensure its adherence with the company’s standards.
- Follow up with the T&C team on the TC audit administration process to ensure that the department policies and procedures are in line with the ACCOR audit standards.
- To keep an updated Housing Master List & Mapping.
- To update HR Connect for Passport and EID information.
- To Safe keep Heartists passports and tracked them accordingly.
- Ensure employee birthdays surprise gifts are given to employees.
- Handle lockers’ monthly inventory and share with the team the updates.
- Ensure first aid boxes in the housing are replenished timely.
- Ensure first aid boxes in the hotel are replenished timely.
- Support internal T&C projects, tracking necessary action and updating reports as progress is made.
- Assist with and support Heartists’ events and employees’ relations matters.
- Assist the HR team in the logistics of a variety of recreational programs and activities for the Heartists (i.e. departmental outings, fun days, mall trips, sports
- Tournaments, karaoke, hotel beach cleanups, national day celebrations, fundraising events, etc.)
- Assist with other Talent & Culture functions and tasks as required.
- Monthly Utopia inventory.
- Utopia Cleanliness and maintenance request.
- Utopia supplies are to be replenished timely.
- Housing & Utopia Casual attendance monthly & payment follow-up.
- Bus Transportation tracking and monthly payment follow-up.
- Theme lunch preparation
- Ensure casuals are following ALL SAFE preventive measures.
- Monitor the hygiene checklist is completed timely.
- Ensure the attendance checklist for the casuals is timely completed.
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience in the Culinary field required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent required
- Diploma/Certification in a Culinary discipline preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Your team and working environment:
- Be a part of our multicultural team.
- Enjoy nature as our location provides majestic mountains in northern Fujairah.
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, and dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS