You ensure the safety and wellbeing of your fellow employees, guests and visitors.
You are attentive, efficient and committed, and will ensure your property remains a safe, enjoyable workplace and travel destination. Ideal candidates will have a proven background in Security with strong Guest Service skills and have the ability to prioritize and respond to all security requests.
What Is In It For You:
- Competitive salary
- Employee rates at Luxe Accor properties in North and Central America
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within our property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet21 and Employee Wellbeing initiatives
What You Will Be Doing:
- Monitor security of all space and assets throughout shift
- Work closely with all Departments to safeguard assets and ensure compliance in all life safety and security areas
- Enforce Covid-19 safety protocols for colleagues and guests
- Initiate and coordinate emergency procedures in the event of an emergency
- Investigate and report any violations to law/property policy, occurrences of accidents, complaints, criminal activity and crisis situations
- Develop and implement internal safety trainings, protocols, and programs
- Coordinate Hotel-wide safety trainings with local authorities and outside vendors
- Provide rapid response to all guest and colleague incidents, accidents, and emergencies
- Responds to all first aid calls and administers aid as appropriate
- Ensure clear, concise and factual reporting of all incidents, accidents and patrol rounds
- Present for VIP arrivals, departures, and high-profile guest functions
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Building security and local authorities
- Participate in colleague briefings and formal communication meetings
- Review daily reports and arrivals ensuring proper preparation for shift
- Assist management with colleague bag check and locker check programs
- Audits Hotel Key Program, ensuring procedures are followed
- Consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service
- Other duties as assigned
Your Experience and Skills Include:
- Minimum 1 year previous Security experience, preferably in a luxury environment
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and prioritize needs
- Excellent problem solving and reasoning capabilities
- Must act with discretion at all times
- First aid, AED, and CPR certifications an asset
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication, with strong focus on documentation
- Strong guest service orientation
- Able to balance a variety of conflicting priorities while providing guest service
- Ability to walk, stand, or sit for extended periods of time.
- Endure various weather conditions, including hot or cold temperatures and rain, snow, sleet...etc.
- Carry fire extinguishers and/or other emergency equipment
- Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, or otherwise move objects.
- Walk up or descend down stairs throughout shifts.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independent of immediate supervision.
Your Team and Working Environment
Fairmont Pittsburgh, a 4 diamond LEED certified luxury hotel, is located at the heart of Pittsburgh’s business, cultural and retail hub. Fairmont Pittsburgh offers superb and distinctive guest services and accommodations in a luxury setting.
Drawing from Pittsburgh’s rich history, fl.2 showcases a wide selection of local beers, craft cocktails, and an elevated Modern American menu with unique signature items that have the power to transform guests into regulars. Vibrant and inviting, the restaurant and bar offers a space that allows for an open, airy atmosphere with a modern framework incorporated with architectural elements.
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be able to provide proof that they are legally able to work in the United States.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS