Reporting to the Hotel Manager/People and Culture Manager, We are searching for a reliable, organized Management Trainee to join our organization. The management trainee's responsibilities include completing all assigned tasks, which may include, performing duties in different departments, gaining knowledge of operations, learning how to handle disputes, attending meetings and workshops, traveling to other offices, providing support and suggestions for improvement, updating records, and preparing documentation. You should also be able to complete any required evaluations.
To be successful as a Management Trainee, you should have superb attention to detail and be able to promptly identify problems. Outstanding candidates will have great leadership, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
Key Performance Indicators
• To be agreed in line with the overall hotel strategy
• Completing all assigned tasks and assisting with day-to-day operations.
• Participating in meetings, workshops, and other learning opportunities.
• Observing and learning from experienced staff members.
• Gaining knowledge of company policies, protocols, and processes.
• Taking detailed notes and liaising with Managers, Supervisors, and other senior staff.
• Fulfilling any requirements and meeting goals set out at the start of the traineeship.
• Following all company regulations, and health and safety codes.
• Preparing documents and updating records.
• Learning about conflict resolution and sitting in on disciplinary hearings.
Traveling to different offices and participating in daily operations as required.
Focus on Guest Experience
• Role Models the ethos of ‘hosting’
• Be an ambassador of Canopy by Hilton “Positively Yours Culture”
Health and Safety
• Ensure Compliance with company regulations i.e. security, crisis, health and safety, fire and accident procedures, and applying duty of care in the workplace.
• The role is suitable to a motivated and organised individual who is interested in results and being part of the success of the Hotel.
• Comply with Hotel Rules and Regulations and provisions contained in the Employment Handbook
• Comply with the Company’s Corporate Code of Conduct
• Drive the Company values and standards required by the Canopy by Hilton London City.
What We Offer our Enthusiasts:
• Flexible working and Full-Time hours available
• Employee and Friends & Family rates across Hilton Hotels & 4C Hotels worldwide
• F&B Discounts of up to 50% in our Canopy London City Restaurants & Bars
• Recruit a friend scheme - £500
• Free Uniform Provided and Meals on duty
• Free Access to Perkbox Platform to enjoy amazing deals and discounts from retails, entertainment, and travels
• Cycle to work scheme tax-free
• Free Optional medical healthcare plans (Health Cash Plans)
• Workplace pension scheme
• Free Access to Hospitality Action services (Financial, legal and mental health support)
• Continuous Learning & Development opportunities with the best recognized UK and US institutes
• Amazing Recognition Program and social events to keep you connected with Canopy London City and our EPIC Team!
UK Work Permit
Bachelor's degree in management, Hospitality, or similar.
Experience in a management role or similar.
Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
Proficiency in MS Office.
Superb attention to detail.
Strong leadership skills.
A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
Willingness to work overtime if required.
Excellent time management skills.
Language required: English.
Canopy’s London City’s approach to hospitality centres on the small gestures, surprising extras, and uncomplicated comforts that contribute to a Positive Stay. We are looking for passionate individuals with an outgoing personality who thrive in creating positive memories for our guests.
Canopy is an upscale lifestyle brand of Hilton and is the energizing, hotel in the neighbourhood offering simple, guest directed service, thoughtful local choices, and surprisingly comfortable spaces so guests simply feel better going forward. The hotel has 340 bedrooms and is the first under Hilton’s Canopy Brand in the UK.
Canopy by Hilton London City is part of 4C Hotel group. 4C Hotel group is an international hotel operator and developer. Our core values are, care, constant innovation, communicate and conscience. At 4C Hotels, we believe in nurturing opportunities for people to grow and developing order to reach their true potential, both in our industry and within the broader community.