citizenM is a hotel providing affordable luxury for the mobile citizens of the world. With style that'll knock your socks off, we offer citizens a real home from home, plus the world’s fluffiest pillows. Our typical guest is a frequent traveler who is quality and design driven, and cost conscious.
We currently have hotels in Amsterdam, London, Glasgow, New York and Paris, with more to come in Europe the USA and Asia. We are proud to have put the hospitality back into the hospitality industry, and have received numerous awards for our groundbreaking approach.
As an assistant hotel manager (MOD) of Miami Brickell, you are responsible for the day to day operation of the hotel. Naturally you are an excellent ambassador yourself, enthusiastic, optimistic and treating everyone with respect. You work together with your team guiding, coaching, and inspiring them to deliver exceptional service, while maximizing revenue opportunities and controlling costs; all the time ensuring the total safety of guests and employees.Leadership
Ensure guest satisfaction
- lead, encourage, and inspire Ambassadors in order to support the operational procedures of citizenM;
- ensure a sound understanding of citizenM brand values;
- coach and train ambassadors, develop and nurture talent, provide feedback and monthly evaluations;
- demonstrate excellent problem analysis skills and decision making;
- create shift schedules, ensure adequate cover at all times, and assign daily tasks;
- be responsible for your own personal planning and work organization;
- ensure a working understanding of legislation that governs the operation of a hotel and its activities; including employment law, health and safety, food safety, alcohol licensing, first aid and fire safety.
Food and beverage
- welcome our guests and help them check in and check out at the kiosks;
- maintain the hotel environment to ensure a clean and comfortable experience;
- know the places to shop, eat, drink, club and generally experience the best the city has to offer;
- handle reservations and process administrative matters;
- work with our Hotel Management System;
- manage daily SocietyM meeting rooms and functions where applicable.
Maximize revenue opportunities
- work with the team to serve our guest canteenM;
- work with Point of Sale system;
- demonstrate exceptional product knowledge of canteenM and guarantee quality;
- manage daily f&b revenue targets and drive commitment to monthly results.
- seek opportunities to generate revenue while providing added value to our guests;
- coordinate with Housekeeping and Engineering to manage the hotel room inventory, ensuring the rooms are maintained and presented in top condition;
- report daily hotel revenue and be responsible for the handling of cash.
- manage the purchasing of all food and beverage items and hotel operating equipment;
- manage stock in line with fluctuating levels of business, minimizing waste;
- ensure the respect for the property in which you work.
- are fluent in English
- can multi-task
- do not need specific hotel experience but need to have 2 years or more managerial / coaching experience
- are a team player
- love to meet and greet different people
- are passionate about the things you’re doing
- offer you a mobile job, never dull or standard
- offer you a special training program and a personal development plan
- reward you for good performance
- give you an exclusive citizenM outfit
- morning or afternoon shift, with possibility to do night shifts occasionally
If you are passionate about growing your talents, supporting others become the best version of themselves and just create genuine connections with like-minded people, we are the right place for youcitizenM loves diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from anyone.