The F&B Service Attendant serves a table according to the standard procedures. He controls the cleanliness, condition and completeness of place settings, plates and dishes, tablecloths and napkins on tables. Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Responsible for a clean and proper mise en place.
- Send the silverware for polishing to the stewarding department as assigned by superiors.
- Carry food and beverages from kitchen / bar to service area professionally.
- Serve guests according to set standard and procedures.
- Collect soiled dishes from the tables and service stations and to dispatch to dish washing area.
- Assists Chef de Rang in their tasks.
- Maintain cleanliness in the Outlet, service station and back area.
- Set up display/buffet counter with plates / cutleries for different services.
- Complete mise en place before the service starts.
- Assigned to set up tables and serve meals.
- Pick up requisition from storeroom as assigned to set up tables and serve meals.
- Assist hostess to seat the guests.
- Needs to know the menu by heart as well as chef’s specials, buffet items and beverage list.
- Answer to guests queries and to refer any complain / suggestion to Outlet Manager or his Assistants.
- Never go from Restaurant to kitchen with an empty tray and vice versa.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by his superiors.
- Middle or Secondary Education + Additional training or certificates in the relevant field is a plus.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in hotel industry on a similar position including training.
- Proven experience working in a top luxury resorts is a plus.
- Experience working in remote island locations is a plus.
- Able to perform well in fast-paced environments.
- Team spirit.
- Active listening and effective communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system.
- Fluency in English, or another language, written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus.