About the job
The Villa Host is responsible for to keep best service and keep guest rooms and adjacent areas in a clean and well maintained condition as well as ensuring that the minibar is correctly furnished as per resort standard.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include but be unlimited to the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
1. Safety and Security
· Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
· Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
· Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
· Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
· Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
· Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
· Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
· Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
· Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
2. Policies and Procedures
· Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
· Follow company and department policies and procedures.
· Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
· Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
3. Guest Relations
· Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
· Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
· Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
· Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
· Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
· Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
· Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
5. Working with Others
· Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
6. Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
· Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
7. Physical Tasks
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
8. Housekeeping Protocol
· Contact Engineering or Housekeeping supervisor directly for urgent repairs.
· Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms.
· Select appropriate cleaning chemicals and necessary personal protective equipment for various surfaces and cleaning jobs.
· Respond promptly to requests from guests, Housekeeping Supervisor
· Report room status (e.g., Do Not Disturb notice on room, discrepant rooms) Housekeeping manager/supervisor.
9. Guest Rooms or Villas
· Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access, such as knocking three times, saying “Housekeeping,” and ensuring vacancy before entering.
· Report missing hotel/resort property and damages to room to manager/supervisor.
· Limit access to guest rooms while cleaning by following departmental procedures.
· Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms, such as toiletries, glasses, mugs, linens, towels, tissues, coffee, printed materials, and laundry bags according to standards.
· Replace dirty linens (e.g., sheets, pillow cases) and terry (e.g., towels, bathrobes) with clean items, following correct bed making and folding standards.
· Clean bathrooms, including bathtub/hot tub/shower, toilet, floor, sink, and mirror.
· Remove trash, dirty linen, and room service items from room and Veranda/sundeck.
· Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order (e.g., hair dryer, television and remote, Imac.
· Straighten desk items, furniture, and appliances and restore to original positions.