Supports the property by entering payroll data into the computer, auditing payroll data and maintaining files and records to produce accurate payroll period reports in accordance with hotel standards. Engages in ongoing auditing activities to verify the accuracy of payroll records and information. When needed, provides information to other departments regarding payroll-related issues and questions.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Payroll Tasks and Policies
• Maintains knowledge of and complies with all payroll policies and procedures.
• Maintains knowledge of computer system and manual procedures used for payroll functions.
• Maintains knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment used for payroll functions.
• Maintains confidentiality of all information regarding payroll records.
• Sets up and organizes workstation with designated supplies, forms and resource materials. Reports shortages to manager.
• Responds to employee inquiries regarding paychecks according to department procedures.
• Enters new employee records in payroll system from information received from Human Resources, creates a file and includes all designated forms and data.
• Reviews all P.A.F.'s for complete information and ensure accuracy of figures; resolves discrepancies with Human Resources. Inputs information using appropriate codes with total hours to be paid.
• Deletes terminated employees from payroll system after printing employee's final check with specified deductions.
• Enters authorized status changes (rate, job, exemptions, etc.) and terminations as received from Human Resources.
• Maintains vacation accrual and sick pay records and authorize requests when applicable and approved by Human Resources.
• Inputs payroll from weekly summaries and pay request for, balancing to each department’s total.
• Inputs or updates employee deductions (i.e. garnishments, advances, insurance, 401(k), etc.).
• Calculates tip allocations for all tipped employees.
• Processes rate changes and transfers following hotel standards and files within one week of receipt.
• Backs up transaction files and transmits by the time and date according to Finance procedures.
• Reviews payroll register form for accuracy.
• Copies/prints reports as directed and distribute to Human Resources, Assistant Director of Finance and Director of Finance.
• Completes month-end payroll functions.
• Processes authorized manual checks as needed, following manual check procedures.
• Maintains accurate record of all issued checks and ensures security of all unused checks.
• Processes paycheck adjustments after reconciling discrepancy and posts adjustment in payroll system using designated code. Generate new check according to Finance procedures
• Provides direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting, payroll policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Promotes positive guest relations.
• Responds to guest inquiries accurately.
• Handles guest problems and complaint using the instant pacification procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Identifies and works to eliminate problems or conditions that cause internal and external costumer satisfaction to suffer or result in operational inefficiency in terms of decreased productivity, rework or waste.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflict.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Manages time and possesses organizational skills.
• Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Makes calls if necessary.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Supports and development, mentoring and training of associates.
• Provides constructive coaching and counseling to associates.
• Trains people on payroll and labor systems.
Scontistiche su soggiorni e pernottamenti in Hotels di Compagnia, lavanderia, mensa.
Established by the venerable Milanese Gallia family in 1932, Excelsior Hotel Gallia, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Milan endures as a landmark in the center of Italy’s most dynamic and creative city.
Iconic and visually distinct, the hotel seamlessly celebrates avant-garde fashion, unique design and epicurean heritage through crafted moments and intriguing perspectives.
Excelsior Hotel Gallia is essentially Milan.
A celebration of Italian craftsmanship, the 182 rooms at the Excelsior Hotel Gallia are furnished with items handmade in local ateliers. The hotel has 53 suites with a refined style, inspired by the taste of the famous Milanese designers Gio Ponti and Achille Castiglioni.
Unique in its kind, the Katara Royal Suite, at 1,000 square metres, is one of the largest royal suites in Italy. Located on the seventh floor, it offers two terraces, four bedrooms and a private spa.
RESTAURANT TERRAZZA GALLIA
Restaurant Terrazza Gallia delights gourmet palates with traditional Italian dishes reinterpreted in a contemporary key by the Lebano brothers in collaboration with the tristellati Cerea brothers.