If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form
. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
As the Senior Director of Market Management, you will have a strong background leading geographically diverse, results oriented teams, with an emphasis on effective partner account management principles.
Lead, manage, coach, and support teams of individual contributors and people managers. Responsible for account management, existing business activity, and regional level financial goals for a superregion's or global accounts. Set and drives regional team’s business and people strategy while supporting executives with business and people strategy at a super-region level (West, NorAm overseeing California, Pacific Northwest, Ski/National Parks, and Hawaii regions).
You will have strong, data-driven, business acumen coupled with market place knowledge and bring a high level of account management expertise to the role. In addition, the ability to motivate, coach and mentor a diverse and geographically fragmented organisation will ensure regional targets, goals and objectives are achieved.
Would you like to be recognized both internally and externally as a thought leader? Sought after for your expert insight? In this role, you will in turn grow Expedia Group’s visibility and leadership within the external marketplace whilst influencing industry trends.What you’ll do:
Who you are:
- Focus primarily on leading a multiple-level team within Market Management and regional partner accounts. You will hire, engage, motivate and develop a team of Directors, Area Managers, Senior Market Managers, Market Managers, Associate Market Managers, and Market Associates
- Coach peers and your teams in executing market strategies and guide the team in prioritizing business opportunities, and in supporting complex partner relationships in the field
- Execute a leadership strategy and aim to drive further marketplace success by creating a regional account management and acquisition plan; play a leading role in implementing cross-functional Expedia Group activities
- Gain deep insight into the market through developing long-term strategic alliances and partnerships that increase the company's competitive advantage and deliver intelligence into internal bold tools
- Participate in industry events and speaking engagements to share deep industry knowledge, forming long-term, influential relationships in the process, always representing the Expedia Group
- Focus on developing mutually collaborative relationships across Expedia Group in the pursuit of innovative opportunity development; drive internal, cross-functional navigation to facilitate and solve issues encountered by the team
- Influence external decision makers to partner with Expedia and to expand Expedia’s industry influence within various markets; monitor the industry for creative ideas and solutions that can be used with partners
- Lead and inspire the teams by communicating strategy and market insights, fostering an agile work environment, identifying and coaching talent, and building an external and internal pipeline
About Expedia Group
- You must have demonstrable experience in the US and ideally the West volume region, including but not limited to localizing and executing strategy for the region
- Dynamic experience in handling geographically dispersed organizations, with several layers of management, preferably in the technology, e-commerce or travel industry
- You have demonstrated past success in mentoring and building organisations that cater to long-term customer account management relationships
- You will monitor and successfully lead individual marketplace success with the core goal of exceeding weekly and monthly targets
- Execute marketplace initiatives that have a strong eye on maximizing margin opportunity, obtaining lodging rates and availability information, and implementing strategies to continuously improve relationships with our supply partners
- Drive relevant data sets and deliver actionable information to the assigned customer base and internal stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of yield management principles and practices
- Strong focus on building high performing, diverse and inclusive teams with a “get it done” attitude
- Experience working in a flexible, dynamic, ever-changing and challenging environment, ideally in a matrix structure with experience of navigating large organizations
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.