Plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees in the Banquet Department while ensuring guest satisfaction:ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:Experience:
- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach all employees, and supervisors in the Hotel’s Banquet Department to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; daily activities and planning for outlet operation.
- The ability to be visible in the operation, provide recognition, promote good public relations, and handle complaints, concerns or special requests for guests, clients, and group contacts.
- Coordinate set-up requirements for hotel and off-site functions according to the banquet event order, communicate directly with group contacts, Catering & Conferences Managers to ensure that all details of the function are carried out, ensure quality and timeliness of all food items, as well as provide knowledge of wine and spirits in an elegantly appointed environment dedicated to an attentive and distinctive experience.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory and cash control.
- Observe physical condition of facilities and equipment in the banquet area and make recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
One to two years previous experience in as an assistant manager position Banquets or Food & Beverage outlet.Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of food & beverage service, cost control, labor control.
- Computer Skills proficiency.
- Be able to easily interact with customers and handle all their requests.
- Good presentation and positive attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Reading, Writing and Oral proficiency in French and English.