Join Our Team
Join our dynamic, diverse team at Four Seasons Resort & Residences Whistler as the Catering & Conference Services Coordinator.
Our work environment pairs a strong commitment to excellent service and authentic experiences with an emphasis on creativity and innovation. We are looking for someone with excitement and dedication in serving our guests. Satisfying our guests depends on the united efforts of many, we are most effective when we work together cooperatively, respecting each other’s contribution and importance.The Location
Be ready for a warm Canadian experience! At Four Seasons Resort Whistler, we fill guest’s days with exhilarating adventures on Whistler and Blackcomb mountains and Employee days with happiness and thrilling working experience. We aim not only to be the best Resort to stay in Canada but also the greatest place to work! We offer 273 newly refurbished elegant guest rooms and suites; a luxury Spa and a top rated
Four Seasons Resort Whistler is located at the foot of Blackcomb and Whistler. The resort is a five-minute walk to the ski lifts and a 10-minute stroll to the village center, making it the perfect location for a rustic adventure any time of year.
Our guest rooms are spacious, beautifully re-styled in December, 2019, the refurbished rooms and suites pay close attention to the unique placement of Whistler – a secluded retreat, just an hour and a half away from the international destination of Vancouver.
In December 2020, we completed a property-wide enhancement with the launch of Braidwood Tavern, a craft kitchen and social house conceived in collaboration with celebrated chef and restauranteur Richard Sandoval, along with a re-imagined SIDECUT Steakhouse, both designed by Box Interior Design.Your job:
- Answer telephones and take messages for the catering and conference services department adhering to Four Seasons standards
- Be proficient in typing skills computer so any correspondence (proposals, contracts, form letters, internal forms, etc.) can be performed as needed
- Maintain a friendly, caring and helpful attitude with clients, as well as all Hotel personnel
- Maintain the office in a neat and orderly manner in accordance with established guidelines and standards
- Assist with assigned department duties such as but not limited to:
In House Meeting Planning
Daily, Weekly and Monthly department reports
Signage and Event Postings
Maintain all catering/ conference services files in accordance with established procedures and standards
- Prepare collateral, pre planning alerts, pre convention packets
- act as the liaison between the client and the hotel for all of the client needs (i.e. hotel rooms, catering and events, audio visual, transportation, off-site event recommendations) and maintain the policies set forth in the group sales contract (i.e. deposits, cut off dates, attrition, rooming lists, billing instructions, contracted minimum revenues) for small group events as assigned by the Director of Catering/ Conference Services
- Assist and support the Director of Catering/ Conference Services, Catering and Conference Services Manager and Catering / Conference Services Associate.
- Assist clients in the absence of the Director of Catering/ Conference Services, Catering and Conference Services Manager and Catering / Conference Services Associate
- Keep the director promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so prompt corrective action can be taken
- Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management
- Advise a manager when a work assignment cannot be returned within a 48 hour period
- Requisition supplies and collateral through the purchasing system with the proper signatures and put said items in their proper place
As our hotel is open 24/7, 365 days a year, we expect our Catering & Conference Services Coordinator to be flexible in working mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.About You:
- Previous secretarial, hotel and/or related experience required
- Knowledge of Sales and/or Catering functions preferred
- Working knowledge of Windows and Office Applications, Delphi, Opera, Lotus Notes Database Systems is preferred
- Fluent English (written, spoken and reading)
- Strong commitment to service
Ability to work in Canada
Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the APPLY button, attach your resume and cover letter in Word and/or PDF format.About Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.What’s in it for you
Extended Health Coverage (dental, vision, life insurance, RMT, prescription drugs, etc) after probationary period;
Access to affordable shared staff
Employee theme recognition days and events- Employee of the month, Years of service celebrations, birthday events, etc;
Complimentary meal per shift in our employee dining room,
Retirement plan with employer contribution;
Paid time off; vacation days and additional floating holidays per year;
Excellent training and development program;
Discovery Nights at Four Seasons worldwide.
Learn more about what it’s like to work for Four Seasons:
Learn more about Four Seasons Whistler on Social Media:
We look forward to receiving your application!
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.