Located in the heart of Orchard Boulevard, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our Modern Asian Brasserie, the One-Ninety Restaurant & Bar, is a high-quality bustling French restaurant combining French brasserie ambiance with local fare, complimented by a wide selection of seafood and shellfish prepared to order from our designed seafood bar.
We are looking for a highly passionate individual with specialty in Asian & French Cuisines and is currently leading and managing a diverse culinary team.
This position is at a Department Manager level, on a local package and will report directly into the Director of Food, Beverage & Culinary operations.
Experience: Three to five years previous experience in multiple culinary management positions.
Skills and Abilities: Requires a working knowledge of division operations as well as Four Seasons cultural and core standards, policies, and standard operating procedures. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job. Requires ability to operate computer equipment and other food & beverage computer systems. Requires the ability to operate and utilize culinary production equipment and tools. Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Coordinate the selection, training, development, and evaluation of employees and managers in the Kitchen Department through effective management and leadership to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; long-range strategic operational planning.
- Assist in the planning and development of menus for the hotel, ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control.
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Four Seasons, local, state, and federal regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
- Maintain control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications as well and foster an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in the employee handbook.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Assist the team with preparations of food items when necessary.
- Assist the team with set-up and cleaning of operational areas when necessary.