Job description summary:
Four Seasons Hotel and Residences at The Surf Club is seeking a Director of People and Culture. Embark on an enriching and experiential career journey in terms of culture, history, and love for luxury service at an exceptional and legendary destination in the Miami Beaches.
The Director of People & Culture forms part of the Hotel Executive Leadership team who collectively make key strategic and operational decisions for the Hotel and Residences. The Director will oversee all aspects of the People & Culture (Human Resources) division including benefits administration, employee relations, recruitment and retention of staff, communication to staff, compensation programs, career development of staff, wage & hour compliance, training, workers’ compensation, and legal matters related to hotel and residences employees.
We are looking for individuals who are strategic, have strong business acumen, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and can evidence professionalism and adaptability. Individuals also need to be a catalyst for evolution and an employee champion. Successful candidates will have a passion for people, talent management and learning, and will be a Business Partner, understanding of operational needs and the ability to contribute to key strategies and operational decisions for the hotel. Applicants are required to have three to five years previous employment in a related position. Occasional travel is required to other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts for training and development purposes.Preferred Qualifications and Skills
Benefits Four Seasons Surf Club Employees Enjoy
- Previous Experience in a Director of People & Culture role required
- Bachelor’s Degree / 4 Year Degree strongly preferred
- Solid experience in Human Resources Leadership and Strategy, Employee Relations and Engagement, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, and Total Rewards.
- SHRM and / or SPHR Certification strongly preferred
- Candidate must be fluent in English, both verbal and written. Spanish and any other languages are also preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to operate various electronic systems
- Service Passion for Luxury Hospitality
- Requires attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Workday and Microsoft Office
- Experience with different work visas such as L1s, J1s O visas strongly preferred
- Provide assistance and guidance to the General Manager, Planning Committee, leadership team and hourly employees
- Must possess strong financial acumen and have the ability to work with and understand financial information, strategic financial planning and budgeting.
About Four Seasons Hotel and Residences at The Surf Club
- Competitive Salary & Wages
- Complimentary Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Complimentary Parking
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Complimentary Accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Complimentary Dry Cleaning for Employee Uniforms Complimentary Employee Meals
- Energizing Employee Culture where you are encouraged to be your true self!
- Comprehensive learning and development programs to help you master your craft.
- Inclusive and diverse employee engagement events all year-round.
- Exclusive discount and travel programs with Four Seasons
- Competitive wages and complimentary medical, vision and dental insurance for qualifying employees*
- And so much more!
From the moment it first opened its doors on New Year’s Eve 1930, The Surf Club has hosted history. It is here that you will find Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club, an oceanfront destination bringing a new era of glamour elevated with chic dining, a palm-fringed Champagne Bar, and a world-class spa. The Surf Club has always been a place of imagination and possibility, it turned experiences into memories, and this is what we continue to pursue daily with every guest that crosses our historic doors. We say, Luxury is our LOVE language, and if you are passionate about delivering luxury whilst creating memorable experiences this is the right place for you. Four Seasons offers competitive benefits including Free medical insurance, basic dental insurance as well as vision benefits for all qualifying employees.The Hotel and Residences
Four Seasons Hotel and Residences at The Surf Club is situated on nine acres of oceanfront gardens, palm stands and pathways. Designed by Pritzker Prize-winning architect Richard Meier, two transparent 12-story residential buildings, an intimate 77-room Four Seasons Hotel with interiors by Parisian designer Joseph Dirand, incorporate the historic 1930 Russell Pancoast-designed The Surf Club, preserving its legendary past. Combining luxury and legendary Four Seasons service and tailoring it to match the understated elegance of this seaside location, Four Seasons Hotel and Residences at The Surf Club will cater to guests’ and residents’ every whim, whether they are lounging in a poolside cabana or dining with unimpeded vistas of the ocean. Service Culture
Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world's best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards. Our greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our people. We believe that each of us needs a sense of dignity, pride and satisfaction in what we do.
Candidates must have valid work authorization for the U.S. Internal Four Seasons Management Employees outside of the US may qualify for an L1 Visa. Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us:
https://www.linkedin.com/company/four - seasons - hotels - and - resorts
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf