Position: Director of Rooms
The Director of Rooms forms part of the Hotel Leadership team who collectively make key strategic and operational decisions for the Hotel or Resort. The Director directs and controls the activities of the Front Desk, Reservations, Communications, Concierge, Housekeeping, Guest Relations, and Guest Services and in some cases Spa and Security. Assures that standards are met, guests and employees are satisfied and problems are promptly resolved. The Director also works closely with Sales and the Director of Revenue/Reservations to enhance the Hotel occupancy levels and rates.
We are looking for individuals who have strong leadership and interpersonal skills, are able to prioritize and adapt to the changing needs of the operation, and can evidence having a solid work ethic, good business acumen and a passion for service.
Some travel is required for training, conferences and special events. Company Background:
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises the Department Heads in the departments.
- Ensures thorough communications and follow-up on any problems, guest or employee requests or special requirements, and on hotel initiatives.
- Reviews and monitors schedules of staff in all departments in the Rooms Division. Monitors their activities to assure that standards are being met, staff is being supported and guest needs are being met. Routinely inspects all areas of responsibility in the Rooms Division.
- Resolves customer complaints from all areas of the hotel, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Develops relationships with return guests, group contacts and other guests in order to provide personalized service.
- Assures that financial goals of the division and the hotel are being met.
Ideal candidate will have:
US work authorization is required unless candidate is currently in a managerial position at a Four Seasons location. Current Four Seasons managers may qualify for L-1 visa sponsorship.
- Salary Range: $130,000-$135,000
- Applicants are required to have five to seven years’ experience with diversity of Operations management positions.
- A college degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or business administration, or equivalent experience is required.
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf