Join Our Team
Join our dynamic, diverse team at Four Seasons Resort & Residences Whistler as the Employee Dining Chef
Our work environment pairs a strong commitment to excellent service and authentic experiences with an emphasis on creativity and innovation. We are looking for someone with excitement and dedication in serving our guests. Satisfying our guests depends on the united efforts of many, we are most effective when we work together cooperatively, respecting each other’s contribution and importance.The Location
Be ready for a warm Canadian experience! At Four Seasons Resort Whistler, we fill guest’s days with exhilarating adventures on Whistler and Blackcomb mountains and Employee days with happiness and thrilling working experience. We aim not only to be the best Resort to stay in Canada but also the greatest place to work! We offer 273 newly refurbished elegant guest rooms and suites; a luxury Spa and a top rated
Four Seasons Resort Whistler is located at the foot of Blackcomb and Whistler. The resort is a five-minute walk to the ski lifts and a 10-minute stroll to the village center, making it the perfect location for a rustic adventure any time of year.
Our guest rooms are spacious, beautifully re-styled in December, 2019, the refurbished rooms and suites pay close attention to the unique placement of Whistler – a secluded retreat, just an hour and a half away from the international destination of Vancouver.
In December 2020, we completed a property-wide enhancement with the launch of Braidwood Tavern, a craft kitchen and social house conceived in collaboration with celebrated chef and restauranteur Richard Sandoval, along with a re-imagined SIDECUT Steakhouse, both designed by Box Interior Design.Your job:
As an Employee dining chef of the Four Seasons Resort Whistler, you would be responsible for preparing and checking the mise en place as well as setting up the station before the service in regards to the Four Seasons Standards and procedures.
• Serve fellow employees in a friendly and cheerful manner
• Prepare salads, vegetables, starches, hamburgers, sandwiches, etc. for service to employees
• Ensure the cleanliness of the cafeteria kitchen and dining area including tables, chairs, etc.
• Make tea, coffee, juices as well as to ensure the cleanliness of the juice and milk dispensers
• Review the daily menu and cook the appropriate food items for the entire days hotel staff and ensure they are ready for service 10 minutes prior to the scheduled meal time
• Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation
• Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff
• Communicate about the menu and food availability to the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, Restaurant Chef and/or Director of Food Purchasing
• Produce food for special theme and recognition days
• Execute minor butchering techniques such as fish fileting, meat loaf, carving and portioning of meat products
• Set the hot food line with items picked up from the kitchens
• Restock items in the cafeteria when they run low including condiments, cereals, ice, napkins, flatware, salt and pepper etc.
• Fill out requisitions for signature, pick them up when completed and put away the items where appropriate
As our hotel is open 24/7, 365 days a year, we expect our Commis 2 to be flexible in working mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.About You:
- Previous significant experience in a related position
- Good knowledge in English (written, spoken and reading)
- Certified in food service sanitation
- Proficient knife skills
- Passion for cooking
- Excellent commitment to service and team work
- Ability to work in Canada
Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the APPLY button, attach your resume and cover letter in Word and/or PDF format.About Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.What’s in it for you
Extended Health Coverage (dental, vision, life insurance, RMT, prescription drugs, etc) after probationary period;
Access to affordable shared staff
Employee theme recognition days and events- Employee of the month, Years of service celebrations, birthday events, etc;
Complimentary meal per shift in our employee dining room,
Retirement plan with employer contribution;
Paid time off; vacation days and additional floating holidays per year;
Excellent training and development program;
Discovery Nights at Four Seasons worldwide.
Learn more about what it’s like to work for Four Seasons:
Learn more about Four Seasons Whistler on Social Media:
We look forward to receiving your application!
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.