We're about to make a splash and we want you on board! This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic pre-opening team with Four Seasons Hotel Nashville.
The new Four Seasons Hotel seeks an Event Sales Manager
to join our talented pre-opening team! Don't miss this unique opportunity to be part of the world's leading luxury hotel company!
We are looking for an Event Sales Manager who will support the Director of Events/Event Services in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the department. This position will be responsible for securing catering business for the hotel. The Event Sales manager is responsible for prospecting for new business and for enforcing the terms of sales contracts and guiding meeting/event/third party planners through the planning process. This person will have strong leadership, interpersonal and analytical skills is able to prioritize and adapt to the changing needs of the operation, and can evidence having a solid work ethic, good business acumen and a passion for service.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Negotiate with clients with creative and attractive menu presentations and event proposals, to achieve both maximum revenue/profit potential and fulfillment of contractual responsibilities while satisfying client needs.
- Coordinate with the Sales and Events Departments to ensure proper utilization of function space to yield maximum revenues.
- Finalize the requirements of confirmed bookings while maximizing revenue potential through up selling and ensuring effective communication both written (Resumes, BEO, Daily Reports) and personal contact with all departments for the success of the event. Maintain an active trace/follow-up system. Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event.
- Supervise the execution of banquet events. Review all function space with banquet manager and when necessary, head house attendant. Ensure satisfaction of client at the outset of all events.
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations Briefing, Morning CS Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Sales Meeting Pre-Convention Meetings, Bi-Monthly Board of Operations, Planning Visits, and Menu Tastings.
- Actively solicit new business and respond to inquiries with the intention of confirming profitable catering business and achieving Quarterly Sales Goals. Maintain an active trace/follow-up system on all inquiries and personal sales calls.
- Conduct property tours and entertain planners of meetings, social events, and weddings.
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations Briefing, Morning CS Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Sales Meeting, Pre-Convention Meetings, Bi-Monthly Board of Operations, Menu Tastings, and Planning Visits.
- Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event. Prepare a monthly booking report.
- Keep Director of Events and Event Services promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matter so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Supervise the execution of banquet events. Review all function space with banquet manager and when required head house attendant. Ensure satisfaction of client at the outset of all events.
- Respond according to the crisis management plan to any resort emergency or safety situation.
- Comply with Four Seasons standards for sales and marketing, while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and planning committee.
- Comply with Four Seasons Category One and Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Make timely and impromptu decisions, which balance client’s needs with the financial, safety and staffing goals of the hotel.
- Find solutions to the inevitable challenges and glitches that arise while groups are on property and keep Director of Events and Event Services and Planning Committee promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel facilities, capacities and dimensions of meeting space and basic operational needs of all operating departments. Understand capabilities and limitations of event spaces and resort facilities to provide resourceful options between client, third party vendors and internally.
- Ensure all food & beverage revenues and covers are properly inputted into Golden Sales & Catering and fully inform Director of Events/Events Services of major changes to food & beverage revenues and covers due to drop in attendance or canceled meal periods. Input meal functions into Golden Sales & Catering with covers as soon as client provides timeline of events to ensure forecast accuracies before detailing Banquet Event Orders.
- Detail and distribute Weekly Group Resumes to include all necessary manifest details to Operations team.
- Maintain proper communication with client on Room Block Changes, Pick Up, Cut-Off Date, Attrition Balances throughout the planning process. Ensure attrition and commissionable rates are communicated with Finance department for proper payment/payout processing.
- Conduct Menu Tastings for VIP High Level Profile Groups, based upon request from client.
About Four Seasons Hotel & Private Residences Nashville
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 to 3 years’ experience directly related to hotel event sales.
- Previous leadership experience in a luxury hotel setting.
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Strong selling and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to handle difficult situations and guests.
- High level of creativity and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and make decisions in a fast-paced client driven environment.
Nashville, a city of rich culture & home to Southern hospitality. Superb residences set high above the downtown buzz with far-reaching views of the Cumberland River and city skyline. 40 stories high, with 235 keys (42 suites) and 143 residence units the property is located in the upmarket neighborhood of SoBro where floor to ceiling windows provide unobstructed downtown panoramic views. The hotel will feature 19,200 sq ft of meeting space, a Mediterranean restaurant, a luxury spa and an outdoor pool deck.Service Culture
Currently operating 120 hotels and resorts, and 45 residential properties in major city centers and resort destinations in 47 countries, and with more than 50 projects under planning or development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world's best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards. Our greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our people. We believe that each of us needs a sense of dignity, pride and satisfaction in what we do.What to Expect
Dynamic Employee Culture where you are encouraged to be your true self!
Inclusive and diverse employee engagement events all year-round
Competitive wages and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, 401k Retirement Plan, and much more)!
Excellent and ongoing Training and Development opportunities
Complimentary Accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Complimentary Dry Cleaning for Employee Uniforms
Complimentary Employee Meals
… and so much more!Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us:
https://twitter.com/FourSeasonsJobs Learn more about a career with Four Seasons
https://twitter.com/FourSeasonsJobs Visa Requirements
Authorization to work in the United States is required unless the candidate is currently in a managerial role with another Four Seasons location. Current Four Seasons managers may qualify for an L-1 visa sponsorship.
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf