Executive Sous Chef
Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui, Thailand
The Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui is looking for an Executive Sous Chef who shares a passion for excellence and who infuses enthusiasm into everything they do.
The chosen candidate will have a strong restaurant chef background with a passion for cooking and quality control. Their main focus will initially be on developing and positioning the western restaurants’ reputation through its cuisine. As well, in the absence of an Executive Chef, to be in charge of and oversee, the elevation of the In Villa Dining experience, resort amenities, Breakfast menus Banquet/Special Event menus and to work closely along side the Koh Thai Kitchen CDC on the presentation elements of our Thai restaurant menus.
The ideal candidate must have a strong Mediterranean cooking style and ideally have additional cooking skills to execute other types of international cuisines.
The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for planning, organizing, controlling and directing the work of the culinary team in the kitchens of our outlets.
The hotel will obtain the work authorization.
Join Our Team:
Work on a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and a passion for great food and wine.
Founded in 1960, Four Seasons continues to define the future of luxury hospitality with extraordinary imagination, unwavering commitment to the highest standards of quality, and the most genuine and customized service. Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world’s best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveller reviews and industry awards.
- Responsible for the outlets food preparation while ensuring superior quality and consistency. The Koh Thai Kitchen CDC is responsible for the Thai cuisine.
- Runs the day to day operations in a high volume, high pace environment
- Supports and proactively contributes to the creation and/or alignment with the F&B concepts in the outlets, continuously leading the creative process
- Very strong leadership skills to support kitchen team with hands on approach and constant training and quality checks
- Strong personality to establish restaurant in the market as the leader in its category
- Must have excellent Guest Relations Skills
- Proactive alignment with the F&B Services management team in driving quality and financial results
- Ability to create authentic Mediterranean cuisine
- Additional knowledge of Latin American or any International Cuisines would be an advantage
- Must have great organizational skills and is able to maintain high pace of service
- Supervise all employees during set-up, service and breakdown for each meal period
- Verify the taste, quality, texture, freshness and presentation of food produced prior to meal periods
- Inspect and supervise the sanitation and maintenance of equipment, proper rotation of food and usage of merchandise in accordance to HACCP and PWT standards
- Monitor and control the food cost by creative menu planning, keeping waste to a minimum
- Monitor and control the labour, maximize productivity to produce a quality product while adhering to labour standards
- Perform other tasks or projects assigned by hotel management
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Culinary degree preferred, or equivalent experience is required
- 5 to 10 years cooking experience
- At least 2 to 5 years working in the similar restaurant concept
What to Expect: You will...
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
- Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons - visit us: