Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is a global, luxury hotel management company. We manage over 120 hotels and resorts and 47 private residences in 47 countries around the world and growing.
Central to Four Seasons employee experience and social impact programming is the company’s commitment to supporting cancer research, and the advancement of diversity, inclusion, equality and belonging at Four Seasons corporate offices and properties worldwide. At Four Seasons, we are powered by people and our culture enables everything we do.
The Global Benefits Analyst will be part of a team focused on designing and delivering a comprehensive industry-leading benefits program. They will be at the forefront of supporting our hotel People & Culture teams, and working with third party partners to administer, monitor and review plan offerings to ensure they meet employee needs, and provide for an exceptional employee experience. This collaborative position requires robust data analytics and problem solving, and strong communication and relationship-building skills.
This role is based in Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, Toronto Corporate Office, reporting to the Manager – International Benefits.Key Activities
U.S. Employee Benefits
- Analyze benefit offerings and determine competitiveness of benefit plans
- Work with third party auditors on IRS compliance filings (i.e., annual 5500 filing)
- Assist with creating health privacy (HIPAA) training and facilitate training for hotel People & Culture (P&C) teams when necessary
- Review, analyze and audit annual rates for benefit plan participants
- Partner with consultants on creation of open enrollment and new hire communication materials
- Review and update summary plan documents annually
- Complete competitive surveys and analyze survey results
- Act as front-line support for hotel P&C teams, carriers and benefits administrator
- Track and follow-up with the hotels to ensure that medical premiums are paid and current
- Ensure benefit plans and policies are up to date and easily accessible by users
- Primary liaison to third-party benefits administrator, and will assist with day-to-day issues arising between plan members and administrator
- Assist with monthly billing and invoice reconciliation
- Participate and support annual plan renewal process
- Represent Four Seasons amongst industry benefits group, and serve on steering committees as required from time to time
International Employee Benefits
- Update Benefits database, policy manuals and e-Benefits Centre website
- Oversee plan membership, including enrollment, plan changes and terminations
- Design and release International eMagazine on a semi-annual basis
- Assist with research on regional benefit plan designs.
- Correspond with carriers, hotels and employees regarding benefits and related issues
- Assist with monthly benefits billing for international plan
Canadian Employee Benefits
- Assist with researching plan design changes and data analysis
- Work with carrier representatives in managing administrative and day to day issues impacting employee claims
- Assist with on-going hotel benefits and policy communications
- Manage employee enrollment, plan member changes and offboarding
Experience, Education and Professional Qualifications
- Detail oriented
- Strong problem solving skills
- High organized, and able to prioritize to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to build and inspire confidence and trust with stakeholders
- Able to independently and quickly pick-up and learn new tasks
- Able to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
All internal applications must be submitted and approved in Workday by November 25, 2022.
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in HR or commensurate experience
- Benefits, Compensation or Human Resources designation is an asset
- 3-5 years’ experience in an Analyst role with a focus on compensation/benefits
This role will be a Hybrid working model, which will require 2-3 days per week in the Four Seasons Corporate Office located at 1165 Leslie Street, Toronto, Ontario
Four Seasons is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.