The Four Seasons Hotel Minneapolis is looking for a Group Sales Manager who shares a passion for excellence and who infuses enthusiasm into everything they do.
We are looking for an energetic, experienced customer service professional with excellent interpersonal skills, ability to multitask, have a passion for service and hospitality.
As the Group Sales Manager, you will need to be the leader in interactions with customers and hotels. Provide timely market intelligence and research advice appropriate for Four Seasons Hotel Minneapolis. You should embody a high commitment to service, be a strong team player, impeccable verbal and organizational skills, outstanding attention to detail, the ability to multitask and the willingness to work in an extremely fast-paced environment. Applicants will be a willing team player, comfortable with computer systems and willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote teamwork. Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays and travel as necessary.
The Group Sales Manager reports to the Director of Sales.
The purpose of this position is a Public Ambassador for Four Seasons Hotels and requires a high degree of independent judgement and discretion on decision making and managing confidential information of the two properties. Ability to performs and follows up on all extra tasks, actions and responsibilities assigned by the Director of Sales and Director of Marketing.
The Group Sales Manager prospects and sells to individual accounts on behalf of the hotel in accordance with the objectives established in the marketing plan. The Manager will ensure that sales activities, top accounts and bookings are focused to yield maximum revenue per available room.
· Promote and sell group business to a defined vertical and/or geographic market with emphasis on site selection and brand strategic partnerships.
· Generate Hotel's awareness and develop business opportunities through direct phone sales; direct sales calls, tradeshows and networking groups.
· Work closely with sales and marketing teams to solicit, sell and confirm group business required to meet budgeted sales goals for the property. Candidate should possess the ability to solicit group travel.
· This position requires a high degree of independent judgement and discretion on decision making and managing confidential information of the property.
· Performs and follows up on all extra tasks, actions and responsibilities assigned by the Directors of Sales and Directors of Marketing. Has the ability to be a Public Ambassador for Four Seasons Hotels.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
· We are looking for individuals who have solid selling and interpersonal skills and who demonstrate the energy and commitment to meet and exceed personal goals.
· The applicant will have a proven track record in pursuing, evaluating soliciting, selling and confirming business as required in order to meet individual goals and overall budgeted sales and profitability. The ideal applicant would have a strong knowledge of the local Minneapolis and the Mid-West markets.
· Applicants are required to have 2-3 years previous experience in a similar role and travel is required; both domestic and international.
· Strong command of the English language
· Successful candidates must possess legal work authorization in the United States
What to Expect:
Four Seasons can offer what many hospitality professionals dream of – an opportunity to build a life-long career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done. In line with our plans for future growth, we are committed to staff levels that are in keeping with our extraordinary staff-to-guest ratios. We believe that attitude counts as much as skill. As a result, Four Seasons hires motivated people who we train to perform superbly, while we create an environment where they can flourish. Ultimately, our culture breeds success, and rewards it in many different ways. We offer the following complimentary, market-leading benefits:
We also care for our team members through competitive compensation packages, opportunities for career development and advancement, and the following rewards in support of their work-life balance:
- Comprehensive health and vision insurance*
- Discovery nights at Four Seasons Properties around the globe
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Daily meals inspired by award-winning chefs
- Uniforms and uniform care
- Sick pay, disability coverage and life insurance
- Parking discounts
- Staff lounge and cafeteria space with city view
- Up to eight weeks of parental leave pay
- Fur baby insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Discounted accommodations at Four Seasons properties worldwide
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us or discover with us, our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. This comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
Thank you for your interest in working at Four Seasons Hotel Minneapolis. We look forward to receiving your application.*Dental coverage available at a discounted rate. Service Culture
Currently operating 122 hotels and resorts, and 46 residential properties in major city centers and resort destinations in 47 countries, and with more than 50 projects under planning or development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world's best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards. Our greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our people. We believe that each of us needs a sense of dignity, pride and satisfaction in what we do.Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us:
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf