Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco
Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco overlooks Yerba Buena Gardens and is located just steps away from the City's Financial District, Union Square shopping, the Moscone Convention Center, the Museum of Modern Art, and the Contemporary Jewish Museum, amid the city's finest cultural and dining venues.
We pride ourselves on the service we deliver and that all begins with the dedication of our employees who embrace the meaning behind the Golden Rule. Guests are pampered with a customized approach, ensuring that each experience is unique and unforgettable. Our goal is to attract only the most positive and passionate talent, those who are able to provide intuitive service, with a warm and friendly smile. We encourage our team to strive for personal and professional greatness and are always empowered to do what is right.
Who We Look For:
We are looking for an individual who can provide support in our on-site, signature restaurant MKT. With 180-degree views of downtown, our restaurant and bar presents elegance through simplicity on a sustainable California-centric menu of seafood, local meats and seasonal vegetables along with handcrafted cocktails.
This is a regular union, non-management position.
- Maintaining the reception area and entrance in all aspects of stocking and cleanliness
- Work in an efficient and professional manner while maintaining a positive attitude and deliver superior guest service at all times
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests
- Greet guests in a positive, friendly manner and make them feel welcome
- Aim to give the best possible service, in the least obtrusive manner
- Listen to and understand the details of guests’ inquiries, take notes if necessary
- Accommodate if guests have any special requests or allergies, etc.
- Seat guests promptly at a table pre-set for the number in the party and according to guest preference.
- Set up host/hostess stand, review guest reservations, and make recommendations as to the set-up of the room, maintain a station chart and cover count for the restaurant while recognizing the maximum workload capacity of each server in order to meet Four Seasons Service standards.
- Complete special projects (menu changes, signage, etc.) as instructed.
- Answer telephones according to Four Seasons standards and take guest reservations or provide information regarding the restaurant or any other hotel service.
- Inspect and maintain daily menus to ensure quality, condition and appearance while developing a complete working knowledge of all menu.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Prior experience working in Food & Beverage
- One year of experience in an upscale, fine dining establishment preferred
- Ability to perform basic mathematical equations
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude at all times
- Ability to listen effectively, empathetically and be respectful at all times
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure and stay focused
- Ability to maintain personal integrity
- Ability to use strong judgment
- Must portray an outgoing personality that is warm and friendly while demonstrating enthusiasm and professionalism
- A sincere willingness to provide service to residents, guests, and peers.
- Ability to function well under pressure, set priorities and adjust to changing conditions.
- High work ethic, with a sense of responsibility for the role filled within our team.
A successful candidate will have a flexible schedule, ability to work weekends and holidays. Must be fluent in English and possess legal work authorization in the United States. Comprehensive Benefits
- Energizing Employee Culture where you are encouraged to be your true self!
- Comprehensive learning and development programs to help you master your craft.
- Inclusive and diverse employee engagement events all year-round.
- Exclusive discount and travel programs with Four Seasons
- Competitive wages and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision and Retirement Plan)
- And so much more!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please log into your account and attach your resume and cover letter in Word and/or PDF format. Click on the link to learn more about Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco: http://www.fourseasons.com/sanfrancisco/
To learn more about Four Seasons Hotel San Francisco: http://www.fourseasons.com/sanfrancisco/.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact the People & Culture Department at 415-633-3465.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf