Join Our Team
Join our dynamic, diverse team at Four Seasons Resort & Residences Whistler as the Night Manager.
As a Night Manager at the Four Seasons Resort Whistler, you would be responsible for managing the activities at the Front Desk during the overnight shift. Directs staff. Ensures communications and follow-up with day shift on any problems, guest requests or special requirements. supervising the entire hotel during the overnight shift and being familiar with all Front Office, Reservation, Housekeeping, and Concierge, Valet Parking and Telephone policies and procedures.The Location
Be ready for a warm Canadian experience! At Four Seasons Resort Whistler, we fill guest’s days with exhilarating adventures on Whistler and Blackcomb mountains and Employee days with happiness and thrilling working experience. We aim not only to be the best Resort to stay in Canada but also the greatest place to work! We offer 273 newly refurbished elegant guest rooms and suites; a luxury Spa and a top rated restaurants.
Four Seasons Resort Whistler is located at the foot of Blackcomb and Whistler. The resort is a five-minute walk to the ski lifts and a 10-minute stroll to the village center, making it the perfect location for a rustic adventure any time of year.
Our guest rooms are spacious, beautifully re-styled in December, 2019, the refurbished rooms and suites pay close attention to the unique placement of Whistler – a secluded retreat, just an hour and a half away from the international destination of Vancouver.
In December 2020, we completed a property-wide enhancement with the launch of Braidwood Tavern, a craft kitchen and social house conceived in collaboration with celebrated chef and restauranteur Richard Sandoval, along with a re-imagined SIDECUT Steakhouse, both designed by Box Interior Design.Your job:
In this role, you will:
This list is not all –inclusive and should only be used as an overview of all actual responsibility.About You:
- Create daily operations report with relevant information that is taking place around the Resort.
- Frequently tours the hotel and monitors the activities of all other departments. Monitors their activities to assure that standards are being met, staff is being supported and guest needs are being met.
- Personally handles all guest relocations according to established guidelines.
- Resolves customer complaints from all areas of the hotel, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc. Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner. Interaction with guest will be in person and by phone.
- Reviews late arrivals, next day early arrivals and departures to plan for the next day’s activities. Coordinates arrivals, departures, and billing requirements. Blocks rooms for arrivals and ensures any discrepancies are resolved. Reviews daily arrivals to ensure proper handling of Special Attention Guests, Return Guests, and Groups.
- Assures that all financial and credit procedures are followed. When taking a shift at the desk, follows up on credit problems. Reviews all paid-outs, rebates, Petty Cash disbursements and Direct Billings. Checks cashiers’ work at end of shift to ensure all transactions are reconciled with proper approvals and endorsements.
- Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well being of hotel guests and employees without requiring special direction. Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Checks guest in and out in an efficient and friendly manner, using guest name whenever possible. Assures that guest is assigned type of room requested and the correct rate is charged. Arranges for luggage to be delivered to guest room. Issues correct keys to the guest. Checks out guest at end of stay. Ascertains guest satisfaction, collects keys, posts late charges and presents bill to guest. Settles bill accurately through credit card or cash transaction.
- Utilizes a variety of computer systems to check guests in and out, run daily reports, run night audit reports, and select and block rooms for arriving guests.
- Complies with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Checks Staff facilities such as Locker Rooms and Staff Dining Room to assure that they are operating at Four Seasons standards. Communicate to HR when they are not. Acts as a liaison for overnight shift with HR
- Previous significant experience in a related position
- Management experience preferred.
- Hotel computer systems and adding machine knowledge.
- College degree
- Fluent English (written, spoken and reading)
- Strong crisis management skills
- Strong supervisory and managerial skills
- Strong crisis management skills
- Strong commitment to service
Category 5 Driving License (Unrestricted Category 4 is an advantage)
Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.About Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.What’s in it for you
Extended Health Coverage (dental, vision, life insurance, RMT, prescription drugs, etc) after probationary period;
Access to affordable shared staff
Employee theme recognition days and events- Employee of the month, Years of service celebrations, birthday events, etc;
Complimentary meal per shift in our employee dining room,
Retirement plan with employer contribution;
Paid time off; vacation days and additional floating holidays per year;
Excellent training and development program;
Discovery Nights at Four Seasons worldwide.
Learn more about what it’s like to work for Four Seasons:
Learn more about Four Seasons Whistler on Social Media:
We look forward to receiving your application!
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.