Four Seasons Hotel Minneapolis seeks a Night Manager to join our talented team! Don't miss this unique opportunity to be part of the world's leading luxury hotel company!
The Night Manager supervises the staff of the entire hotel during the overnight shift, works closely with the staff from all departments to assure that standards are being met, is the direct supervisor of the Front Desk during the overnight shift, responds to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and requests and then adding personal recommendations and touches to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all Four Seasons’ policies.
- Manages the activities at the Front Desk during the overnight shift. Directs staff. Ensures communications and follow-up with day shift on any problems, guest requests or special requirements.
- Frequently tours the hotel and monitors the activities of all other departments. Monitors their activities to assure that standards are being met, staff is being supported and guest needs are being met.
- Personally handles all guest relocations according to established guidelines.
- Resolves customer complaints from all areas of the hotel, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc. Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner. Interaction with guest will be in person and by phone.
- Reviews late arrivals, next day early arrivals and departures to plan for the next day’s activities. Coordinates arrivals, departures and billing requirements. Blocks rooms for arrivals and ensures any discrepancies are resolved. Reviews daily arrivals to ensure proper handling of Special Attention Guests, Return Guests, and Groups.
- Assures that all financial and credit procedures are followed. When taking a shift at the desk, follows up on credit problems. Reviews all paid-outs, rebates, Petty Cash disbursements and Direct Billings. Checks cashiers’ work at end of shift to ensure all transactions are reconciled with proper approvals and endorsements.
- Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well being of hotel guests and employees without requiring special direction. Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Checks guest in and out in an efficient and friendly manner, using guest name whenever possible. Assures that guest is assigned type of room requested and the correct rate is charged. Arranges for luggage to be delivered to guest room. Issues correct keys to the guest. Checks out guest at end of stay. Ascertains guest satisfaction, collects keys, posts late charges and presents bill to guest. Settles bill accurately through credit card or cash transaction.
- Utilizes a variety of computer systems to check guests in and out, run daily reports, run night audit reports, and select and block rooms for arriving guests.
- Complies with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Checks Staff facilities such as Locker Rooms and Staff Dining Room to assure that they are operating at Four Seasons standards. Communicate to HR when they are not. Acts as a liaison for overnight shift with HR.
- Assists with responsibilities and duties as required throughout the hotel.
- Provides basic trouble-shooting support for in-room services such as Internet, TV movies, games, and Web service.
- Works closely with Bell Staff to ensure smooth handling of guest luggage, deliveries and special requests.
- Works closely with Security Staff to handle any guest emergency or safety concerns.
What we are looking for:
About Four Seasons Hotel & Private Residences Minneapolis
- We are looking for individuals who have strong leadership and interpersonal skills, are able to prioritize and adapt to the changing needs of the operation, and can evidence having a solid work ethic, good business acumen and a passion for service.
- Applicants are required to have two to three years experience with diversity of Rooms Operations management positions.
- A college degree preferably specializing in hotel management or business administration, or equivalent experience is required.
Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Minneapolis is an unrivaled expression of luxury. The new 37-storey building will be situated at the convergence of business and leisure in Minneapolis, at the top of Nicollet Mall, the city’s pedestrian thoroughfare. A few short blocks from the Mississippi River, the mixed-use complex will also serve as RBC Wealth Management’s US headquarters. Key features will include Gavin Kaysen, local Celebrity Chef in partnership with Four Seasons, 19,400 sq. ft. of meeting space, downtown’s only Luxury Spa and a 5000 sq. ft. Pool Deck. Service Culture
Currently operating 122 hotels and resorts, and 46 residential properties in major city centers and resort destinations in 47 countries, and with more than 50 projects under planning or development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world's best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards. Our greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our people. We believe that each of us needs a sense of dignity, pride and satisfaction in what we do. What to Expect
Competitive Salary & Wages
Affordable medical, dental, vision & life insurances
401(k) Retirement Plan
Excellent Training and Development opportunities
Complimentary Accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Complimentary Dry Cleaning for Employee Uniforms
Complimentary Employee Meals
… and so much more! Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us:
https://twitter.com/FourSeasonsJobs VISA REQUIREMENTS
Authorization to work in the United States is required, unless the candidate is currently in a managerial role with another Four Seasons location. Current Four Seasons managers may qualify for an L-1 visa sponsorship.
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf