Sales & Catering Conference Services Manager **$1,000 Signing Bonus**
About the job
Come join our Four Seasons Family! We are looking for a Sales & Catering Conference Services Manager.
About Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley
Situated at the northern end of Napa Valley off the famed Silverado Trail, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley will offer experiences will capture the imagination of even the most seasoned wine country visitors. Be a part of the most highly anticipated opening resort of 2021.
The Sales & Catering Conference Services Manager coordinates all requirements for various Destination, Incentive, Group related bookings that are booked by the Sales Department. The manager is responsible for enforcing the terms of sales letter of agreement and guiding meeting/event/third party planners through the planning process. The manager will communicate the needs and expectations of the client/DMCs/third party planners with all departments in the hotel and ensure successful execution of group and client satisfaction from initial introduction to final billing.
- Negotiate with clients through the use of creative and attractive menu presentations and event proposals, to achieve both maximum revenue/profit potential and fulfillment of contractual responsibilities while satisfying client needs.
- Coordinate with the Sales Department and Catering to ensure proper utilization of function space to yield maximum revenues.
- Finalize the requirements of confirmed bookings while maximizing revenue potential through up selling and ensuring effective communication both written (Resumes, BEO, Daily Reports) and personal contact with all departments for the success of the event.
- Maintain an active trace/follow-up system. Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event.
- Supervise the execution of banquet events. Review all function space with banquet manager and when necessary head house attendant. Ensure satisfaction of client at the outset of all events Coordinate the sales efforts between sales department and catering to ensure proper utilization of function space to yield maximum revenues.
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations Briefing, Morning CS Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Weekly Pick-Up Meeting, Sales Meeting Pre-Convention Meetings, Bi-Monthly Board of Operations, Planning Visits, and Menu Tastings.
- Make timely and impromptu decisions, which balance client’s needs with the financial, safety and staffing goals of the hotel.
- Find solutions to the inevitable challenges and glitches that arise while groups are on property and keep Director of Catering and Conference Services and Planning Committee promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel facilities, capacities and dimensions of meeting space and basic operational needs of all operating departments. Understand capabilities and limitations of event spaces and resort facilities to provide resourceful options between client, third party vendors and internally.
- Comply with Four Seasons Category One and Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Ensure all food & beverage revenues and covers are properly inputted into Golden Sales & Catering and fully inform Director of Catering and Conference Services of major changes to food & beverage revenues and covers due to drop in attendance or canceled meal periods. Input meal functions into Golden Sales & Catering with covers as soon as client provides timeline of events to ensure forecast accuracies before detailing Banquet Event Orders.
- Detail and distribute Weekly Group Resumes to include all necessary manifest details to Operations team.
- Maintain proper communication with client on Room Block Changes, Pick Up, Cut-Off Date, Attrition Balances throughout the planning process.
- Ensure attrition and commissionable rates are communicated with Finance department for proper payment/payout processing.
- Conduct Menu Tastings for VIP High Level Profile Groups, based upon request from client.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree / CMP Certification preferred
- 2 to 3 years experience directly related to hotel conference services.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Strong selling and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to handle difficult situations and guests.
- High level of creativity and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and make decisions in a fast-paced client driven environment.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, holidays, weekends and evenings.
- Golden Sales and Catering Computer Software, MS Word, Excel, and ability to use e-mail and the Internet.
This position is not eligible for work sponsorship/visa. Candidates must possess valid US work authorization.
About the company:
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Our employee-centric approach will have you feeling like family in no time!
Some Benefits Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley employees can enjoy:
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Cigna medical and dental benefit options
- 8 weeks of New Parental Leave Pay
- Fur Baby/Pet Insurance
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Complimentary accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Complimentary Employee Meals
- 401k Retirement Plans
To apply, please click on the “APPLY” button and create an account. There will be a short questionnaire for you to complete and a section for you to attach your Resume/CV and Cover Letter. Please attach your Resume/CV in PDF or Word format. Applications/Resumes will only be accepted on this website. Please do not email your information. Thank you for your understanding.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact our People + Culture Office at email@example.com .
Four Seasons is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website: EEOC is The Law .
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- Department: Event
Sales & Catering Conference Services Manager **$1,000 Signing Bonus**
Start Date:As soon as possible
Latest start date: