Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel, Athens is looking for a Sous Chef with a solid knowledge of food and the passion to develop his management skills within the hotel industry, have creativity, flair and the ability to provide guidance to others.
We are looking for an individual who has a solid work ethic, high level of integrity, concern for quality, cross cultural sensitivity and customer service orientation.
The Sous Chef holds a junior management position within the kitchen department, reporting to the Restaurant Chef and is responsible for supervising the day-to-day running of the kitchen. The Sous Chef is in charge of the management of food costs, production control and the culinary training for all kitchen employees on a daily basis.
Job Responsibilities :
- Supports senior leadership by developing and assuming basic management responsibilities
- Assumes the role of liaison between all departments within the culinary division and all other hotel departments
- Supervises the preparation and cooking of various food items
- Develops and implements creative menu items that adhere to
- Manages kitchen employees through scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, evaluating and hiring
- Leads and coaches the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Monitors food production, ordering, cost quality and consistency on a daily basis
- Ensures proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Culinary or related field
- At least five years related working experience in luxury hotels
- Proficiency in English is a must. Greek is an asset
- Good Communication and Computer skills
- Strong leadership and strong inter-personal skills
- Candidate should hold valid work authorization for the EU
Four Seasons has been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work for since 1998.
As the world’s leading operator of luxury hotels, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts currently manages 114 properties in 47 countries. Opening in March 2019, Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens provides a preferred address for both business and leisure travelers, and the highly personalized, anticipatory service that Four Seasons guests expect and value around the world.
If you want to be part of this unique opportunity on the Greek Riviera, just 25 minutes from Athens, don't wait, apply now!