Join our Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley Family! We are hiring a Staff Accountant.
Receive a $1,000 signing bonus! $500 at hire and $500 after 90 days!What does a Staff Accountant Do?
The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Assistant Director of Finance in maintaining the general ledger and balance sheet reconciliations. Additionally, the Staff Accountant is responsible for supervising other areas within the Finance Department under the direction of the Assistant Director of Finance, including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, income audit and general cashiering in accordance with all related local and corporate policies and procedures. This is an assistant level management position reporting to the Assistant Director of Finance. Key Elements of the Job
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Understand and possess a working knowledge of the Accounting & Finance Manual.
- Good understanding of Month-End Process, including but not limited to preparation of financial statements, accruals, and journal entries, maintain reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts in established corporate formats and in accordance with USALI and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist the Assistant Director of Finance in preparation of all budgets and forecasts.
- Perform all daily, monthly, and other periodic accounting and financial reporting in an accurate and timely nature.
- Assist Assistant Director of Finance with maintaining the effectiveness of internal controls to safeguard the hotel's assets and resources.
- Actively support other department managers with matters dealing with labor standards, payroll, and other issues that may arise.
- Execute payroll by reviewing, verifying, and processing payroll data for preparation of checks.
- Direct and supervise the efforts, quality, and timeliness of all aspects of payroll, accounts payable, and general cashiering or other areas as directed by the Assistant Director of Finance and Director of Finance.
- Oversee team members day-to-day, as well as growth and development.
- Assist with developing the Finance Department staff to aid the company's future growth.
- Maintain harmonious and professional relationships with all departments.
- Assist in other areas of the accounting office as needed.
- 2-5 Years of progressive experience in Accounting Management, preferably within a hotel.
- Previous payroll experience and knowledge of labor laws, highly desirable.
- Previous leadership experience overseeing a team.
- Computer literacy and the ability to operate computer equipment and excellent Excel and Computer Skills - Sun, Opera, BirchStreet Systems knowledge would be ideal and valued.
- Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in the English language.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work weekends if the need arrives.
- Able to negotiate, organize, delegate & work under pressure.
- Strategic, analytical, and solid business acumen.
- Solid interpersonal and relationship-building skills to work with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to prepare and deliver reports, effective presentations and to facilitate meetings.
Excellent emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.To apply, please click on the “APPLY” button and create an account. There will be a short questionnaire for you to complete and a section for you to attach your Resume/CV and Cover Letter. Please attach your Resume/CV in PDF or Word format. Applications/Resumes will only be accepted on this website. Please do not email your information. Thank you for your understanding. US work authorization is required. Resort is not currently accepting applications for candidates who require visa sponsorship.About Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley
Situated at the northern end of Napa Valley off the famed Silverado Trail, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley will offer experiences will capture the imagination of even the most seasoned wine country visitors. Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Our employee-centric approach will have you feeling like family in no time! To learn more about Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, watch this exciting video: We Are Four Seasons .Benefits & Compensation Information
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley employees can enjoy:
- Salary Range: $80,000- $85,000
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Cigna medical and dental benefit options
- 8 weeks of New Parental Leave Pay
- Fur Baby/Pet Insurance
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Complimentary accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Complimentary Employee Meals
- 401k Retirement Plans
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact our People + Culture Office at email@example.com .
Four Seasons is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website: Know Your Rights.
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf