- Full time
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle is looking for a Staff Accountant who shares our passion for excellence and is enthusiastic about creating the ultimate service experience. The Staff Accountant will be a member of a dynamic team delivering great service to our internal and external guests. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Finance. U.S. work authorization is required for this position.About Us
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Because of our employee-centric approach, Four Seasons has been listed in the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For” rankings every year since 1998.
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle is the Pacific Northwest’s only Forbes five-star rated hotel. Overlooking Elliott Bay and Puget Sound, our luxurious guestrooms are steps away from Pike Place Market, the Seattle Art Museum, and world-class shopping. In partnership with acclaimed Seattle chef Ethan Stowell, we are proud to showcase simply prepared Northwest food and drink in Goldfinch Tavern, our signature restaurant.Key Elements of the Job
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Good understanding of Month-End process, including but not limited to preparation of financial statements, accruals and journal entries, maintain reconciliations for balance sheet accounts in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Supervise Income Audit, Payroll, and Accounts Payable functions: ensure all daily & monthly reporting is accurate and on time, preparation of weekly tip upload, review & post biweekly payroll journals, ensure all related policies & procedures are followed
- Responsible for all daily/monthly accounting related to the HOA Private Residence, including but not limited to preparation and distribution of monthly folios to residents, collection of homeowners’ monthly fees, following up and resolving any delinquencies on HOA aging
- Provide General Cashiering coverage during vacations
- Understand and possess a working knowledge of the Accounting & Finance Manual
- Assist the Assistant Director of Finance in maintaining adherence to internal controls throughout the hotel
- Good understanding of Month-End Process, including but not limited to preparation of financial statements, accruals and journal entries, maintain reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist the Assistant Director of Finance in preparation of all budgets and forecasts.
- Understand the current Edition of USALI.
- Prepare and coordinate the monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts and all bank reconciliations, ensuring all outstanding reconciling items are investigated and resolved satisfactorily.
- Perform all daily, monthly, and other periodic accounting and financial reporting in an accurate and timely nature.
- Prepare required backup or work papers in order to provide analysis and control over balance sheet and P&L accounts and to serve the purpose of internal and external audits.
- Assist with month end adjustment journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Require knowledge of and the ability to operate computer equipment and excellent Excel and Computer Skills.
What to Expect from Your Work Experience...You will
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in Accounting management
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge back office accounting systems
- Excellent emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Be part of a cohesive team with a singular focus on creating the best possible guest experience
- Have the ability to demonstrate your unique personality and service style while achieving the brand standards that make us Four Seasons
- Be encouraged to demonstrate your professional passion
- Have career growth opportunities both within Four Seasons Hotel Seattle and worldwide with our company
- Be rewarded with market-leading pay and a comprehensive benefit plan
- Get to experience other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts through the complimentary room nights program
- Receive a complimentary meal when at work in our employee restaurant, the Sound Café
Learn more about our property and what it is like to work at Four Seasons by visiting:
We look forward to receiving your application!
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf