About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts:
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us or discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us. At Four Seasons, our company values are much more than a program or a policy; they define who we are and inform the decisions we make. The company's guiding principle is the Golden Rule, and as such Four Seasons strives to have a long-lasting, positive influence on the communities where we operate and on the people we employ and serve around the world.Join a Diverse and Talented Team:
At the foot of Vail Mountain, you'll find Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, a contemporary landmark luxury hotel graced with European flair. Outside, peaked roofs draw their inspiration from the Gore mountain range, while inside, a light-filled ambience beckons. Nearby, alpine trails await.
Passionate Four Seasons professionals ensure that every experience is unlike another, and every guest is the most important person in the room.Staff Accountant - Full-Time / Regular:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Assistant Director of Finance in maintaining the general ledger and balance sheet reconciliations. Additionally, the Staff Accountant is responsible for supervising other areas within the Finance Department under the direction of the Assistant Director of Finance, including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, income audit and general cashiering in accordance with all related local and corporate policies and procedures. This is an assistant level management position reporting to the Assistant Director of Finance. Key Elements of the Job
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Understand and possess a working knowledge of the Accounting & Finance Manual.
- Good understanding of Month-End Process, including but not limited to preparation of financial statements, accruals, and journal entries, maintain reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts in established corporate formats and in accordance with USALI and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist the Assistant Director of Finance in preparation of all budgets and forecasts.
- Perform all daily, monthly, and other periodic accounting and financial reporting in an accurate and timely nature.
- Assist Assistant Director of Finance with maintaining the effectiveness of internal controls to safeguard the hotel's assets and resources.
- Actively support other department managers with matters dealing with labor standards, payroll, and other issues that may arise.
- Execute payroll by reviewing, verifying, and processing payroll data for preparation of checks.
- Direct and supervise the efforts, quality, and timeliness of all aspects of payroll, accounts payable, and general cashiering or other areas as directed by the Assistant Director of Finance and Director of Finance.
- Oversee team members day-to-day, as well as growth and development.
- Assist with developing the Finance Department staff to aid the company's future growth.
- Maintain harmonious and professional relationships with all departments.
- Assist in other areas of the accounting office as needed.
- 2-5 Years of progressive experience in Accounting Management, preferably within a hotel.
- Previous payroll experience and knowledge of labor laws, highly desirable.
- Previous leadership experience overseeing a team.
- Computer literacy and the ability to operate computer equipment and excellent Excel and Computer Skills - Sun, Opera, BirchStreet Systems knowledge would be ideal and valued.
- Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in the English language.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work weekends if the need arrives.
- Able to negotiate, organize, delegate & work under pressure.
- Strategic, analytical, and solid business acumen.
- Solid interpersonal and relationship-building skills to work with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to prepare and deliver reports, effective presentations and to facilitate meetings.
- Excellent emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities, and be willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote team work. This may include some evenings, weekends and holidays. Some travel may be required.
Applicants are highly recommended to have three years experience within a Finance Department at a management or non-management level, preferably within a hotel. A Bachelor's Degree is required. Must have excellent communication skills in English, strong knowledge of Excel, 10-Key, and other leadership traits. Knowledge of Opera, BirchStreet, ADP and the Spanish language would be ideal.What You Can Expect:
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, visit us:
- Salary between $60k - 65k annually
- Be yourself and become a member of a work family that cares about you and invests in your development.
- Master your craft here and abroad! Seasonal “Task Force” opportunities are available.
- Employee engagement at all levels; Where your thoughts and ideas are not only heard but actioned.
- Market-leading pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision and Retirement Savings Plan).
- Discounted and Complimentary travel programs around the World! Culinary, retail and wellness experiences at special rates.
- Winter Season Lifestyle Benefit of $1.00 per hour worked paid as end of season bonus. Must qualify.
- Shift meals prepared by our culinary staff.
- In-house dry cleaning.
We look forward to receiving your application! Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- We Are Four Seasons Video
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf