Weddings and Special Events Sales Manager Job DescriptionAt Four Seasons we consider life and work to be richer when we truly connect with the people and the environment around us.
Our family members are masters at their crafts – a gardener can become an artist, a manager a conductor, a chef an inventor. We look for employees who share the Golden Rule: people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. We look for our people to characterize a shared passion for excellence and to infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
The Four Seasons Resort Tamarindo in Jalisco, Mexico rests on 3,000 acres of a protected natural reserve on the Pacific Coast of Mexico. Most of its 157 rooms and boasts exceptional panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, enveloped by the surrounding jungle and lush golf course.
Four Seasons Resort Tamarindo is heartily committed to showcasing the very best of Mexican Art, Culture and Nature. The local community and their warmth are a key component of our guest experience, and our Weddings and Social Events Sales Manager will imbue a passion for this destination and the Culture. Be You:
The Special Events & Weddings Sales Manager will demonstrate the following key characteristics and skills:
Master Your Craft:
- College education or equivalent experience
- A high taste level and commitment to excellence
- Minimum 2 to 3 years selling, and operating special events, weddings, or production management
- Proactive seller with strong prospecting ability
- Previous experience with luxury brands required
- Storyteller with a creative spirit and active networker
- Diligent work ethic, meticulous eye, and enthusiasm for creative event management marketing
- Strong communication and elevated presentation skills
- Digitally savvy and a keen understanding of all social channels.
- Creativity and the ability to curator bespoke event experiences at Tamarindo.
- Knowledge of the production industry in Mexico to include access to AV specialists, theming, décor and flower suppliers
- Ability to consistently work well under pressure and manage time effectively
The Four Seasons Resort Tamarindo is looking for a creative and visionary Weddings and Special Events Manager
who shares our passion for excellence, our drive to make the impossible possible and is relentless about creating the ultimate service experience. This person will be a member of a dynamic team who provides unparalleled experiences to our guests. This position promotes and sells to the Wedding and Social Events market from all regions, but with special focus on the United States and Mexico. The Weddings and Special Events Manager will actively secure business through effective sales & marketing promotion, solicitation, and prospecting. To include personal social media efforts, in-market activations, tradeshows, and networking groups.
This position reports to the Director of Sales & has a dotted line reporting to Director of Catering Services and Director of Public Relations & Digital Marketing. Desired Skills and Experience / Key Elements of the Role:
- Strong sales prospecting and entertaining skills.
- Actively solicit new business and respond to inquiries in a timely manner, with the intention of confirming profitable wedding & special event group room and catering business in order to achieve Quarterly and Annual Sales Goals. Maintain an active follow-up system on all inquiries and sales calls.
- Ability to network and target potential clients and groups of interest to drive dedicated in-market entertaining.
- In conjunction with the Director of PR & Digital Marketing create a compelling marketing campaign for weddings and special events to include but not limited to social media campaigns, collateral, and online marketing.
- Curator in partnership with the Director of Conference Services and Director of Food & Beverage Tamarindo´s wedding experience and bespoke event experiences, to include once off events.
- Uncover clients’ event and guest room needs through a creative approach of selling a vision and experience.
Connect with us…Join Our Team
- Negotiate with clients through the use of creative and attractive presentations and event design proposals, to achieve both maximum revenue/profit potential and fulfillment of contractual responsibilities while satisfying client needs.
- Coordinate with the Sales Department and Catering to ensure proper utilization of guest rooms and function space to yield maximum revenues.
- Conduct property site tours and entertain planners and clients.
- Work directly with clients throughout the duration of the planning process, ensuring all wedding details are planned accordingly
- Act as the liaison for all vendor/supplier related clients’ needs, (i.e. Audio Visual, Florists, Entertainment, Transportation etc.)
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations Briefing, Morning Special Events Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Monthly Board of Operations, Planning Visits, and Menu Tastings.
- Comply with Four Seasons standards for special events, while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and planning committee.
- Make timely and impromptu decisions, which balance client’s needs with the financial, safety and staffing goals of the hotel.
- Find solutions to the inevitable challenges and glitches that arise while groups are on property and keep Director of Sales and Director of Marketing as well as Planning Committee promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
Work on a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, and focuses on excellent results. Four Seasons provides employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests. What to Expect: You Will…
· Be a champion of the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
· Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to learn, grow and develop
· Have access to a robust benefit plan
· Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work
· Derive a sense of pride in work well done
· Be recognized for excellence
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons – visit us:
Location for this role can be in market or on property.