With 1,544 guest rooms and suites, and the largest hotel exhibit space in the city with more than 50 breakout rooms, multiple ballrooms, and modern boards rooms spanning 234,000 square feet, this is an ideal location for groups in downtown Chicago! The Hilton Chicago opened its doors in 1927 and has been a member of Historic hotels of America!
They are adding a NEW position to the hotel! They are looking for an Assistant Director of Banquets to join their amazing team! Come be a part of this professional, tenured positive banquets team! Such a fun environment where everyone enjoys working and making sure we host successful memorable events in downtown!
The ideal candidate will have 5 + years management experience within hotel banquets and knowledge of Union.
Come join the award-winning brand and find your thing at Hilton Chicago! What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Director of Banquets, you would be responsible for assisting the Director in the direction and administration of the Banquet and Catering operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Assist the Director in the administration of all Banquet and Catering operations to include, but not limited to, guest service, food and beverage quality, soliciting new accounts, merchandising and marketing, inventory management and cost controls, systems management, budget and forecasting, department management, adherence to federal, state and local standards and meeting participation and facilitation
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of department service guidelines and standards
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Act in absence of the Director, as needed
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!