An Assistant Director of Sales manages the hotel sales and marketing plans by recommending growth efforts, monitoring progress, and ensuring that the hotel is competitively positioned within the local marketplace.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Director of Sales, you will be responsible for working closely with the Senior Management Team to drive business needs and expand existing business through promotional efforts and sales channels. An Assistant Director of Sales will work to develop the sales group and groom a high-performing sales team. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage hotel sales and marketing plans to ensure they accurately interpret and support the objectives of the business and use these plans to focus the sales efforts for all market segments
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team to identify and drive focused activities on elements of the business that require additional support
- Contribute to the development of company sales and marketing initiatives by recommending, implementing and monitoring appropriate local activity
- Organise comprehensive information describing the range of products and services offered by the hotel and deliver this information through relevant sales resources and sales channels to existing and potential Guests
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the hotel and the management company
- Prepare and present, on a monthly basis, the contribution, focus and activity of the proactive sales team to the hotel owners and senior management team
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotel, particularly Reservations and the Banqueting Department, to create an exceptional Guest experience and build strong, comprehensive sales programs
- Contribute to relevant management meetings to develop and implement sales and marketing initiatives
- Prepare company contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and pricing conditions
- Monitor offers, options and discounts for repeat bookings for groups, congresses and seminars in close cooperation with the Group Coordinator
An Assistant Director of Sales serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Experience in a similar role with a proven track record
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hospitality
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field would be advantageous
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!