A Banquet Manager is responsible for managing all banquets and events in the hotel to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while optimising sales, evaluating performance, and ensuring staffing levels meet demand. What will I be doing?
As a Banquet Manager, you are responsible for managing all banquets and events in the hotel to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Banquet Manager will also be required to optimise sales and ensure staffing levels meet demand. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Manage all Banquets/Events
- Maintain exceptional levels of customer service
- Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement
- Propose ideas to build the range and quality of Conference and Banqueting operations
- Optimise sales and contain costs, identifying any areas for action
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
- Ensure staffing levels meet business demands
- Ensure training is carried out on an ongoing basis
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Front Office team
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
A Banquet Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Strong knowledge of hotel/leisure/service sector
- Record of success in Conference and Banqueting operations, specifically the ability to deliver profit, control costs, and build customer loyalty
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional leadership skills to create a winning team
- Conference and Banqueting Operations experience in a managerial position in hotel/Events Centre
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!