The gorgeous Waldorf Astoria Resort in Maui, Grand Wailea,
is looking for a Catering and Events Coordinator
to join the team!
Located on 40 acres of lush tropical gardens, this Forbes 4-Star, AAA 4-Diamond property is consistently ranked among the world's best resorts with 780 rooms, 100,000 square feet of banquet space, and 7 food and beverage outlets. This includes 3 restaurants, 3 bars, a cafe, and in-room dining.
- Classification: Full-Time
- Shift: Various – must have availability to work weekends, weekdays, and holidays.
The ideal candidate will have at least one (1) year customer service experience. It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate knowledge of the hotel property management systems (Delphi.fdc)Want to learn more? Hotel Website
, YouTube What will I be doing?
As a Catering and Events Coordinator, you will be responsible for assisting and supporting several Catering & Event Managers. Specifically, your essential functions will be to perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Organize, plan and prioritize your duties by developing plans and goals.
- Timely communication to internal and external clients via telephone, email, written documents or in person.
- Handling phone calls, e-mails and greeting clients for Catering and Events in a professional, courteous manner.
- Inputting programs in booking systems, managing VIP guest arrangements, and coordinating site visits.
- Creating and communication of documents including but not limited to BEOs, group resumes, post event reports, menus, diagrams/floor plans.
- Working with affiliate groups.
- Assist with clients and deliver on the client’s expectations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of job systems, products, booking systems, and processes.
- Make decisions and solve problems by analyzing and evaluating the issues and determine the best solution for the client.
- Ensure high quality service by communicating and assisting others to understand the guest needs.
- Participate in customer site inspections and assist with the sales process as necessary.
- Other duties as necessary based on business needs
- Regular attendance
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!The Benefits
– Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
*Please note, benefits may vary depending on the classification and union status of the position.
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)