This role will commence in January 2021 and is only open to Australian residents or applicants who have full legal rights to work in Australia. Visa sponsorship opportunities are not available. Full time and Part Time positions are available.
Luci is your opportunity to make your mark, be innovative, and pay tribute to the Melbourne gastronomic dining scene. The menu that will be designed by the executive chef will draw inspiration from Italian roots to showcase Modern Australian cuisine.
About the role
As a Commis Chef, you will utilise your creative flair and passion for food to help launch Melbourne’s newest leading restaurant, which exceeds diner’s expectations. You will work closely with the team to prepare high quality food to help create an enticing and engaging food concept that sets Luci apart. Reporting to the Executive Chef, you will work on a rotating shift basis, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. This role will involve catering for all meal periods and all outlets including The Douglas Bar, Executive Lounge, In Room Dining as well as Events. Specifically your role will involve:
- Work effectively within the Kitchen team to ensure high food standards and the delivery of an exceptional guest experience
- Manage and maintain a clean working environment
- Ensure the reduction of food wastage
- Assist the team with general food preparation
- Ensure correct handling and storage of all food products
- Ensure a proactive approach to health and safety and food hygiene standards
What are we looking for?
- Previous Apprentice chef or Commis chef experience
- Confident communication skills and a passion for delivering exceptional dining experiences
- Excellent planning, organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work within a team
- The flexibility and availability to work weekends on a rotating roster
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
At Hilton we know that our Team Members are the reason behind our success so in turn we are committed to ensuring that Hilton is a workplace where you can Thrive and make time for what matters most. Over the past three years we have held our top spot as the #1 hospitality company in Australia as listed by the Great Places to Work institute and in 2019 Hilton ranked #3 across all industries. You can also look forward to receiving:
- Access to Go Hilton, our Team Member Travel Program
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Extensive leadership and career development opportunities