DoubleTree by Hilton prides itself on the little details that have a big impact. That's why our team members around the world strive every day to bring each guest the special comforts and acts of kindness that are unique to the brand - starting with our signature warm DoubleTree cookie welcome. The DoubleTree by Hilton unique Brand Hospitality of CARE (Create A Rewarding Experience) is a primary reason we have been consistently recognised for our commitment to building a culture of service.
A Commis Chef, with the new and soon to open DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Waterfront, you are responsible for preparing and presenting high-quality dishes to deliver an excellent dining experience. You'll need to be passionate about food, and enjoy working in a busy kitchen and varied kitchen environment.
Reporting into the Head Chef, a Commis Chef will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure consistent great food production, in line with the high-quality standards expected by Hilton;
- Perform tasks within a timely manner;
- Contribute to kitchen revenue through effective food cost control;
- Provide support to the kitchen brigade;
- Prepare and present high-quality dishes within company guidelines
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross-contamination;
- Prepare all mise-en-place for all relevant menus;
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships;
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues;
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation;
- Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team;
- Meet all health and hygiene requirements; and
- Be environmentally aware.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the qualifications, skills, and experience that follow:
- Previous experience in an equivalent role within a busy kitchen environment, hotel industry experience is advantageous;
- A current, valid, and relevant trade commercial cookery qualification (proof required);
- Achieved a basic food hygiene certificate;
- Must be available for an immediate start and the flexibility to work nights and weekends ;
- Good communication skills, an ability to work under pressure and to work both on your own or within the team; and
- Unrestricted Australian Working Rights.
As part of our team, you can expect to receive: competitive industry wages, exclusive food & beverage and accommodation discounts, career development planning and opportunities, and an investment in your well being to include flexible working arrangements that support you in making space for what matters most.