Join us in Orange County, California and live in one of the nation's top vacation destinations with year-round sunshine, picturesque beaches, premiere attractions and a lively dining and arts scene.
The award-winning AAA 5-Diamond Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club is looking for a Cook I
to join the Culinary Team! Amazing opportunity to work under French Master Chef, Jean-Pierre Dubray .
Located in the beautiful coastal town of Dana Point adjacent to Laguna Beach, this town played an iconic role in the emergence of California's surf culture and today is celebrated for its laid-back vibe and fun, active lifestyle.
The resort is perched on 175 acres atop a 150-foot seaside bluff with over 400 rooms, 115,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space, and 8 food and Beverage outlets. This includes 4 restaurants, a beach club, lounge, marketplace, and IRD.
Want to learn more? Hotel Website
- Classification: Full-Time
- Shift: Various
, Instagram What will I be doing?
As a Cook I, you would be responsible for preparing food items in accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Prepare food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
- Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards at all times
- Manage guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
- Stock and maintain designated food station(s)
- Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
- Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items, as needed
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!The Benefits
- Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)