We are looking for a dynamic, experienced and motivated Executive Chef for our BRIX Kitchen & Cocktails Restaurant located within the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Phoenix. The Executive Chef is responsible for overseeing the preparation of all food for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets. Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department and supervise all staff within. Maintain all state and Federal food quality and sanitation standards.
This is an Hourly Management position and is eligible for overtime.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Plan menus for all food outlets within the hotel
- Develop standard techniques for food preparation and presentation to ensure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercise portion control for all items and assist in establishing menu selling prices as needed
- Ensure that all state and federal standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the kitchen areas at all times
- Lead kitchen staff in conducting training, menu changes, tastings, meetings, etc.
- Cook or directly supervise the cooking of items that require skillful preparation; evaluate food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Update daily temperature logs, cool down sheets, and railroad cleaning logs
- Have open communication with the restaurant management, and kitchen staff regarding food preparation, food quality, and customer feedback.
- Ensure that all associates are properly trained and have the correct state, county or hotel mandated certifications.
- Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability
- Create work schedules and approve timecards for kitchen staff; check for all personnel call offs and ensure coverage when necessary
- Communicate daily with Restaurant Managers and kitchen staff with regard to associate performance, guest satisfaction, hotel information, etc.
- Respond to customer needs, issues, comments, and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales. Report all communications immediately to Director of Food and Beverage
- Attend all Food & Beverage and Management meetings
- Present new menu items and participate in the continuing development and betterment of the hotel and restaurant outlets
- Communicate with hotel personnel and strive to learn all general aspects of the hotel business
- Interview, select, train, supervise, and counsel/discipline all associates within department
- Provide, develop, train and maintain a professional work force
- Ensure a safe working environment for all associates within department
- Medical (Anthem)
- Dental (Aetna)
- Vision (VSP)
- Company Paid Life (The Hartford) with Medical enrollment
- Voluntary Benefits including Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Supplemental Life (The Hartford)
- 401K Retirement Benefits with 4% match and immediate 100% vesting (Transamerica)
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
- Meal allowance per 8hr shift ($5 per meal period)
- Room Discounts with any Hilton Brand Hotel (17 different brands globally)
- Additional Room Discounts for select hotels within portfolio
- Two pairs of slip resistant shoes a year
This job posting is for a position at a hotel that is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, salary, benefits and compensation decisions, and the collection and processing of the personal data that you provide on this website. If you accept this position, you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Hilton. You will not be eligible from compensation or benefits from Hilton. You will be eligible for compensation or benefits only as may be provided to you by the independent franchisee.