The Executive Housekeeper manages all facets of the Housekeeping Department, ensuring that our team members achieve outstanding levels of guest service and satisfaction, to include guest accommodations, laundry and work areas. They are responsible for interviewing, onboarding, training, scheduling, disciplining and terminating departmental associates as well as enforcing all company policies, procedures and brand standards. This position requires knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, staffing, and scheduling. Candidates must have the ability to professionally represent the hotel, deal positively with the public, and possess pleasant telephone manner.Responsibilities
- Manages according to established company procedures
- Schedules team members according to forecasted occupancy
- Orders and receives supplies to maintain adequate inventory levels
- Monitors and maintains level of cleanliness in accommodations, storage areas, laundry, restrooms, and public areas as needed
- Compiles and reports accurate accommodation status to Front Office
- Enforces standard procedures for the acceptance, security, and return of guest lost and found items
- Communicates any discrepancies in accommodation status and ensures that corrective action is taken
- Communicates with other department heads to resolve deficiencies and repair items.
- Performs special assignments and projects as requested
- Participates in the MOD program
- Maintains security of keys
- Monitors payroll and control costs, remaining within budget
- Introduces and manages any Brand programs
- Ensures completion of orientation checklists, training guides and all training documentation
- Is the departmental trainer(s)
- Coaches associates when rules are not followed or standards are not being met, offers encouragement and works with associates to improve performance.
- Records and processes all incident reports as needed.
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in the Employee Handbook
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management
- Asset Management
- Conducts monthly inventory of linen, supplies and equipment
- Establishes and maintains cost-control systems on linen inventories, cleaning supplies and labor costs, by forecasting and comparing forecast to actual
- Product Quality/Guest Satisfaction
- Maintains room quality and amenities based on hotel objectives and policy and procedures
- Ensures quality services are rendered in meeting guests’ needs that good guest relations are enhanced
- Works with other department heads to resolve guest complaints
- Human Resources
- Is responsible for the firing, termination, performance evaluations, training and development of all housekeeping and laundry team members
- Maintains departmental communication through the effective use of team member meetings, logbooks and bulletin boards
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- Weekend availability
A COVID-19 Vaccination is required for all employees. All employees are required to wear a maskWork Experience Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years housekeeping experience required
- 3 years of Supervisory experience required
- Requires knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, staffing, and scheduling
- Requires walking and standing to a significant degree
- Requires ability to perform housekeeping chores (cleaning suites or assisting in the laundry) which involve lifting, bending, and stretching.
- This position involves a high degree of social skills and ability to perform work under pressure.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a pleasant, positive and helpful demeanor
- Flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
This job posting is for a position at a hotel that is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, salary, benefits and compensation decisions, and the collection and processing of the personal data that you provide on this website. If you accept this position, you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Hilton. You will not be eligible from compensation or benefits from Hilton. You will be eligible for compensation or benefits only as may be provided to you by the independent franchisee.