Executive Sous Chef
About the job
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
An Executive Sous Chef will manage and lead the team to ensure smooth culinary operation and maximize the level of standard in the hotel’s kitchen.
What ll I be doing?
As the ecutive Sous Chef, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Plan, prepare and implement high quality food and beverage products, and set-ups in all areas in the restaurant.
- Work seamlessly with recipes, standards and plating guides.
- Maintain all HACCP aspects within the hotel operation.
- Use appropriately all equipment, tools and machines.
- Focus on constant improvement of training manuals and SOPs.
- Participate actively in quality initiatives such as daily chef briefings and monthly team meetings in order to constantly improve the culinary operation, meet targets and keep communication flowing.
- Work on offsite events when requested.
- Complete tasks and jobs outside of the kitchen area.
- Assist in inventory taking.
- Knowledgeable of hotel’s occupancy, events, forecasts and achievements.
- Prepare menus as requested, in a timely fashion.
- Work on new dishes for food tastings and photo taking.
- Control stations within the kitchen.
- Work closely with the Stewarding department to ensure high levels of cleanliness and low levels of lost and breakages.
- Effectively respond to guests’ requests.
- Learn and adapt to changes.
- Have an open-minded approach to constructive feedback.
- Purchase for and control production.
- Maintain at all times a professional and positive attitude towards team members and supervisors.
- Adhere to established hotel rules and team member handbook, ensuring all team members under your supervision do so as well for the department to operate smoothly.
- Coordinate, organize and participate in all production pertaining to the kitchen.
- Check and follow-up on the assembling of ingredients and equipment for the ala carte menu, daily menus and seasonal specials, maintaining the standards of pre-set recipes, portion control and costing at all times.
- Be disciplined and adhere to proper work practices at all times for yourself and team members assigned to you.
- Maintain good personal hygiene, clean uniforms, proper sanitation and cleanliness of the workstations and work tools.
- Be aware of the dangers of contaminated food and ensure ingredients in the refrigerators are checked and replaced appropriately.
- Report to the Executive Chef on any issues and take appropriate action.
- Follow-up on changes in new recipes or work methods pertaining to new menus, daily specials, and promotional activities as instructed by the Executive Chef.
- Work closely with the Executive Sous Chef in determining the quantity of food items and ingredients to be produced, bought or prepared for that day.
- Exercise maximum control on wastage to achieve optimum profitability.
- Check all equipment belonging to the department and make sure that all are in good working order, and if necessary, report faults or problems to the Executive Chef.
- Prepare the necessary work orders for the Engineering department.
- Ensure that recipes and costings are established and updated.
- Monitor food quality and quantity to ensure the most economical usage of ingredients.
- Attend monthly management meetings, operations meetings and hold daily briefings in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Advise new menus and seasonal food concept changes with the help of the Executive Chef.
- Liaise with the Chefs daily to advice on challenges they face, ensuring that guests will experience no delays during the service period.
- Check that the quality of food prepared by team members meet the required standard and make necessary adjustments.
- Select team members who display qualities and attributes that reflect department standards.
- Manage the training function and ensure all team members are certified in their position before taking charge of an area of responsibility.
- Review the rosters prepared by Section Chefs in advance and ensure that they reflect business and high productivity while yielding a high degree of guest satisfaction.
- Monitor overall food operation and ensure that food items are being prepared in a timely and correct manner.
- Oversee the cleanliness, hygiene and maintenance of the kitchen and undertake steps necessary to maintain the highest possible standards in this area.
- Attend communication meetings and ensure that all assigned team members receive this communication.
- Control, monitor and be responsible for food costs to yield the maximum amount of outlet profit and maximum guest satisfaction.
- Work closely with the Chefs, meeting regularly to determine menu selections and specials that is both satisfying to guest and profitable to the outlet.
- Understand, practice and promote teamwork to achieve missions, goals, and overall departmental standards.
- Ensure that team members have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s team member rules and regulations.
- The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What are we looking for?
An Executive Sous Chef serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- High School graduate.
- 5-8 years as Head of Kitchen in a 4 / 5-star category hotel or individual restaurants with high standards.
- Good command in English, both verbal and written to meet business needs.
- Up to date with sanitation classes.
- Possess a valid health certificate.
- Work experience in similar capacity with international chain hotels.
- Technical education in hospitality or culinary school preferred.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Department: F&B kitchen
Executive Sous Chef
Start Date:As soon as possible
Latest start date: