To a) provide financial support & expertise to the General Manager, b) lead, supervise and monitor all accounting activities at the hotel, ensuring a high standard of accuracy and 100% compliance with Hilton policies and local/national regulations that impact the business, and c) be a passionate host when engaging with all our stakeholders.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
Lead by Example
- Come to work every day with a smile on your face
- Execute duties as assigned by the General Manager and Regional Finance Director
- Oversee all accounting, purchasing and IT operations on property
- Be a great boss and role model for others with regards to brand-specific behaviours, and coach less experienced colleagues on the job
- Ensure you and your team pro-actively support colleagues in operations departments during peak service hours (e.g. giving a helping hand in the restaurant at breakfast, clearing tables etc.).
- Interview, select, on-board, supervise, coach, and evaluate Finance Operations team members
- Organise and provide regular finance training opportunities for Finance Operations TMs as well as HODs
- Provide a positive work environment to Finance Operations Team Members that allows everyone to thrive and fulfil their potential
- Ensure that all Finance Operations TMs understand the purpose of their role and are equipped with the training and tools required to perform their duties at their best.
- Ensure regular & effective communication (e.g. Huddles) in own department to achieve / maintain a high level of trust & engagement
- Support the overall management of the hotel by establishing effective working relationships with other depts. ensuring a high level of cross departmental collaboration
- Maintain accurate accounting records and provide easy to read and effective financial reports for various stakeholders such as Owner, GM, other HODs
- Ensure that the balance sheet is a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotel. It must be regularly reviewed, and reconciliation must be performed for all accounts
- Maintain a focused system of internal controls, which provides effective and efficient regulation of the hotel assets, liabilities, revenues, and costs.
- Give advice on financial and commercial matters to the General Manager and HOD colleagues
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of financial systems, including security and back up procedures
- Closely monitor purchasing activities and ensure receiving of goods is managed well
- Work closely with above-property IT support to ensure smooth running of the IT network and help maintain site systems
- Manage the IT lifecycle on property, ensuring the implementation of preventive maintenance on systems, efficient IT setups, and the provision of on-site support where required
- Ensure accurate data and systems management
What are we looking for?
A Finance Operations Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Relevant degree, in Finance or related business discipline, from an academic institution
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Organisation, planning skills and the ability to prioritise
- Rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Effective management skills (upwards and downwards) and the willingness to coach and train others
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of commercial business, specially as it relates to hotel management
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry
- Experience with the hotel systems
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!