The beautiful Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach is looking for a part time Fitness Attendant to join this dynamic team! The ideal candiidate would have availability to work weekends and Holidays with shifts ranging between morning, midshift, and evenings. Expereince in a Luxury setting is an asset.
The Fitness Attendant is responsible for greeting and orientating guests to the fitness center and providing personalized guest service. They are responsible for keeping all areas neat, clean and well stocked with all amenities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Adhere to all employee guidelines, standards, policies and procedures relevant to the position, stay abreast of any changes, updates or revisions that occur. Maintain complete communication and cooperation with all managers.
• Strong team work and collaborative skills required
• Energetic, forward thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
• Well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
• Intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to a diverse group of guests and co-workers.
• Ability to utilize computer programs including: Spa Operations Software, Microsoft Word, Excel, and/or Outlook.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required
• Minimum one-year experience providing customer service in a high-end fitness center or luxury spa environment, a plus
• Excellent personal appearance, good communication skills and a friendly, congenial personality is a must
• Ability to work in a high-volume, busy service environment while maintaining composure and focus on the guest.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move at least 25 pounds.
• Be on time for each shift and flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa.
• Provide an orientation tour, explaining the equipment and classes offered and answering guests’ questions.
• Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized spa environment through consistent monitoring of the facility.
• Stock fitness center and spa pool amenities and maintain accurate supply lists and inventory sheets.
• Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa.
• Actively promote the fitness center, classes, spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
• Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
• Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests and ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
• Possess ability to work without direct supervision.
• Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
• Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
• Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
• Maintain personal appearance and grooming standards consistent with company standards.What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!