Job Requirements Unique Perks:
- Eligible to Participate in Sage Sales Bonus Plan
- Hilton Hotel Rates Starting at $35
- On-Site Parking Benefits
- Free Gym Access
- 25% off Employee Restaurant Discount
- Employee Game Room/Lounge
- Complimentary Employee Meal
- EcoPass Transit Program
The Curtis Hotel, a “Stay Happy, Work Happy!” aesthetic: Calling all dashboard drummers, hairbrush singers, and firefly chasers- Welcome to the Curtis Hotel! Our playful yet professional attitude is what we live by and surround ourselves with others that have the same outlook on life. We don’t believe that we clock out of life when we come into work, but that work is an extension of our day-to-day. We are the simple, happy-go-lucky parts of childhood, delightfully tucked into a stunning, truly iconic hotel.
Make It Rain: What do you get when you mix extraordinary determination with a lively fun environment? The Curtis Sales Squad! This ain’t no Dunder Mifflin. Toto, we’re not in Scranton on anymore. If you have a go-getter personality, fueled with optimism and ambition, look no further. On your marks, get set, GO!Responsibilities: Direct Sales:
New Account Development:
- Targets results-oriented high revenue potential sales calls to ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by department budget and marketing plan.
- Must have own reliable transportation and possess a valid state driver’s license in order to make sales calls.
- Key Account Management: Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
- Achieves a minimum of 90% of productivity goals and 100% of activity goals, as established by management.
- Captures competitor's accounts through networking, research and reader board surveys in order to target and solicit those most probable to generate new business.
- Acquires referrals from existing accounts: Follows up on all leads within 48 hours of receipt in an effort to create new business for the hotel, and, when appropriate, sends leads to other Sage hotels.
- Plans and implements an on-going Targeted Account Development "hit list" in order to create new revenue and acquire valuable hotel contacts, and contracts.
- Continually targets and prospects for new business through telemarketing, individual creativity and innovation.
- Utilizes yield management techniques by profitably negotiating room rates and function space commitments in order to enhance the hotel's financial performance.
- Account Service and Management:
- Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops strong customer relationships through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Conducts research, surveys, personal investigation and studies market place and territory in order to effectively capitalize on the hotel's strengths and competitor's weaknesses and capabilities.
Work Experience Education/Formal Training
- Focuses on revenue-producing activity and maximizes selling time by dedicating a minimum 90% work time on direct sales efforts.
- Professionalism: Controls expenses while traveling on the property's behalf in order to minimize department and hotel costs.
- Represents themselves, the hotel and Sage Development Resources, Inc. with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, a service-focused approach, and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communications with all co-workers for the best overall performance of the hotel.
- Displays a neat, clean, and business-like appearance at all times.
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.Experience
Six months minimum in sales, customer service related position or hotel experience preferred.Knowledge/Skills
- Requires knowledge of general sales techniques.
- Requires yield management experience.
- Requires highly developed customer service skills.
- Requires ability to hear, speak, read and write English fluently.
- Requires 12th grade level mathematics, spelling and reading skills.
- Requires effective business writing skills.
- Must be able to meet clients on and off premises, to tour property and attend functions, to climb stairs, use door keys and operate basic office equipment.
- Vision to read fine print and computer screens, to see colors, to observe rooms in poorly lit conditions.
- Understand and follow verbal/written instructions.
- Work on more than one task at a time.
- Develop strong internal and customer relationships.
- Set and manage priorities and plan activities in advance.
- Solve problems and make sound business decisions. Respond to coaching, feedback and training.
- Strong and effective sales skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while filing
- Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients. Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.
General office and hotel environmentBenefits
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Eligible to Participate in Sage Sales Bonus Plan
- Discounted On-Site Parking
- Discounted RTD ECO Pass
- Complimentary Employee Meals
- 401(k) with Employer Matching
- Free Gym Access
- Employee Game Room Access
- Hilton Hotel Discounts - $35/Night
- Sage Hotel Portfolio Discounts
- Employee Recognition Events/Prizes
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time off for Vacation, Sick Time, and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Personality Reflected Dress Code
- Opportunities for Career Growth and Development
- 25% Employee Discount at The Corner Office Restaurant
- Sage Restaurant Concepts 25% Discount
- Sage Saving Spot
This job posting is for a position at a hotel that is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, salary, benefits and compensation decisions, and the collection and processing of the personal data that you provide on this website. If you accept this position, you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Hilton. You will not be eligible from compensation or benefits from Hilton. You will be eligible for compensation or benefits only as may be provided to you by the independent franchisee.