We are seeking a Night Supervisor to join our Front Office team in Queenstown!
Hilton Queenstown has the unique opportunity to operate two of the 18 Hilton brands: Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa and DoubleTreey by Hilton Queenstown. Located in the Kawarau Village, Hilton Queenstown has a total of 318 guest rooms including the Lakeside Residences, dining and entertainment options, the eforea spa and one of the largest conference and events facilities in Queenstown. Since opening the doors to the property in 2011, we have excelled in a number of accolades, such as the eforea Spa winning the Australasia Luxury Spa Award for the past three years and being named the Leading Hotel of New Zealand 2017 and 2018.
Our Hotel Team Members work at the heart of our mission to be the most hospitable company in the world. Each Team Member delivers exceptional, heartfelt experience at every hotel for every guest, every time. We have an opportunity to be a part of the team that is bringing our shared purpose of being the world’s most hospitable company to life.
Our Night Supervisor’s support the Hotel Night Manager and the overnight hotel operation including taking ownership of the safety & security of the hotel between 11pm-7am. The Night Supervisor has a variety of housekeeping, porter and night audit tasks to be completed during their overnight shift. In the absence of the Night Manager, the Night Supervisor will be the Manager on Duty and will be supported by another Night Supervisor.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Customer service is our top priority. Our Front Office Team Members are the welcoming spirit that sets Hilton apart. You are the first and final impression of our hotel. Our Night Supervisor will:
- Provide all hotel guests and visitors with a warm welcome to the hotel.
- Maintain cleanliness of the hotel public areas, washrooms and spa, ensuring brand standards are met at all times. This includes emptying bins, vacuuming reception, cleaning spa change rooms, restocking pool towels, clearing leftover IRD trays, sanitising handrails, buttons and door handles.
- Check-in/out guests, respond to guest requests, concierge services, upselling and promotion of all in-house activities.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient parking of vehicles, along with delivery and collection of luggage, parcels and other deliveries as well the storage of luggage
- Make room service deliveries during the night
- Carry out Doorman duties as and when required
- Support Night Manager with Night Audit procedures and tasks, including running financial reports, investigate anomalies and complete any other end-of-night tasks.
- Represent the Night Manager in their absence.
- Maintain quietness, order and safety and security in the hotel.
- Carry out regular security walks and check all areas of the hotel (quality and presence).
- Follow procedures and give instruction to guests and team members in the event of an evacuation/fire alarm or other emergencies
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Our Night Supervisor’s support the Hotel Night Manager and the overnight hotel operation including taking ownership of the safety & security of the hotel between 11pm-7am. To be successful in this role, we are looking for a person with:
- Previous experience in Night Audit role within a Hotel.
- Must hold a valid Manager’s Certificate and Liquor Controller Qualification.
- Must hold a valid First Aid Certificate.
- Full Driver’s License
- A passion for contributing to and enhancing our guests experience
- Customer Focused. Previous customer service experience in the hotel, leisure and/or retail sector
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks, use initiative and work autonomously.
- Attention to detail.
- Good decision making skills and ability to take ownership of hotel operations.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in written & spoken English.
- Computer literate, experience with OnQ preferred.
- Ability to work in New Zealand.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME?
As a Hilton Team Member you can expect to receive the following and more:
- Competitive benefits such as daily dry-cleaned uniform and hot meal in our Team Member restaurant.
- Member of the Hilton GO program giving you access to discounted room and F&B rates worldwide.
- Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 5,000 learning programs.
- Participate in ongoing recognition programs.
- Training & development and worldwide career opportunities.
If this sounds like you, apply now!