With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person, we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, you will be responsible for the successful management of Pastry section to prepare and produce high quality pastry, bakery and desserts for the hotel, in line with brand and concept guidelines. You will manage, develop and inspire the Pastry team to consistently provide exceptional guest experiences and to maintain the highest standards of health, safety and hygiene. The Pastry Chef is a key role in the culinary management team.
What will I be doing?
The key responsibilities of this position are to:
- Work with the Executive Chef to develop attractive offerings for pastry, bakery and desserts, taking portion control and food cost requirements into consideration and building accurate detailed recipes. Conduct menu tastings and set standard s and trainings into place .
- Manage the preparation and production of all pastry, bakery and dessert items, ensuring accurate orders are produced on time, to specified standards.
- Deliver great guest experiences by maintaining consistently high food quality and presentation standards. Review and act on guest feedback and take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints.
- Ensure the pastry kitchen achieves operational targets, including budgets, sales, quality, food costs, profit margins and wastage. Carry out regular reviews of performance against targets, analyse variations and take corrective actions where needed.
- Manage, develop and inspire the Pastry team and create an environment where all Team Members can thrive. Maintain effective people management practices, including scheduling, training, performance management and recruitment.
- Ensure the Pastry Kitchen strictly complies with all applicable regulations, including health, safety and hygiene regulations; food safety training and certification; hospitality, food and beverage legislation; first aid, fire and emergency procedures; and hotel policies and procedures. Ensure that potentially hazardous situations are identified, reported and rectified.
- Ensure correct stock levels, stock rotation, storage procedures, daily kitchen records and labelling standards are being maintained, and that food waste is monitored and reported correctly.
- Coordinate and monitor kitchen cleaning and stewarding schedules with the Stewarding Manager to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained .
- Ensure all equipment is working to the required specifications, and that any issues or maintenance needs are reported to the Engineering team and addressed quickly.
- Support the Purchasing team to identify, evaluate and select new products and suppliers, where required. Ensure all orders are placed in line with purchasing guidelines and establish controls to monitor the quality of ingredients delivered.
- Establish and maintain regular and effective communications with key stakeholders, including the Culinary team, the F&B operations team, the hotel leadership team and suppliers.
- Maintain comprehensive up-to-date product knowledge, including markets, competitors, current and future trends, ingredients, equipment and suppliers, and make appropriate adjustments to pastry offerings.
- Pastry Kitchen Brigade
Key Business Partnerships:
- Hotel Team | Culinary Team | F&B Operations Team | Procurement
- Third Party suppliers | Local Authorities | Clients
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a creative chef who is passionate about pastry, bakery and desserts, with at least 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role and an internationally recognized pastry/bakery qualification within Boutique and luxury hotels.
A Foodie with great flair, homestyle approch to create personalized guest experiences, an individual which represents homestyle Pastry and Bakery creations of the property with great Guest interface.
Just like your Home!
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Commercial focus, with a demonstrated ability to balance delivering exceptional dishes and achieving business performance and results.
- Good people management skills, with experience in managing, developing and motivating a team and collaborating effectively across functions.
- Excellent communication skills, able to express yourself confidently and clearly at all levels, from team briefings to training to business updates.
- Guest focus, experienced in operating at the highest standards of food production, quality and hygiene to deliver memorable guest experiences.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and focused under pressure.
- Effective relationship management skills to build and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders, internally and externally, including suppliers.
You will be also fluent in English and comfortable using MS Office.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!