Join us as the Pastry Chef
and be a part of the newest luxury hotel in downtown LA, Conrad Los Angeles
! As part of the highly anticipated billion-dollar The Grand LA project, this is the 7th Conrad Hotel in the U.S. and the 1st in California.
Located in the most exciting state-of-the-art development to come to DTLA, this luxurious 28-story hotel will have over 300 rooms, a spa, 16,000 square foot rooftop with a pool deck, over 13,000 square feet of event space, and 6 food and beverage outlets. This includes a signature restaurant & bar, a signature bar, rooftop restaurant, lobby bar, pool, and in-room dining all in partnership with Chef Jose Andres' award-wining restaurant group, ThinkFoodGroup .
The ideal candidate will be an inspiring leader with a passion for creating unique experiences, a talent for staff training and development, and proven success of leading a team to provide consistent, high-end service. At least two (2) years’ experience in food and beverage leadership in upscale dining is required. Prior hotel, union management, and opening experience are a plus. Want to get an inside look?
Take a virtual tour
, Facebook About The Grand LA
The Grand LA combines lifestyle, arts, and culture to provide a truly unique experience in Los Angeles. It is at the epicenter of downtown LA’s cultural corridor across from the Walt Disney Concert Hall with two towers, a 45-story residential and 28-story hotel
, and more than 176,000 square feet of retail space anchored by chef-driven restaurants and a collection of shops, entertainment, and hospitality.What will I be doing?
As a Pastry Chef, you will assist the Executive Chef to hire, train, supervise, schedule and participate in activities of chefs, cooks, and other personnel involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls, and forecasts needs. Specifically, this includes:
What are we looking for?
- Supervise the daily production and distribution of all pastries, desserts and baked goods; ensure recipes and standards are followed, food and labor costs are controlled, the appropriate quantity is prepared and safety standards and regulations are followed in order to provide top quality goods for an enhanced guest experience.
- Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the pastry shop and equipment to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations
- Supervise hourly pastry shop employees; interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate
- Create, plan and implement seasonal menu changes to provide variety and maintain guest's interest.
- Order and maintain pastry shop supplies at par levels to ensure quality production.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ensure excellent service & hospitality is provided for the pastry team, guests, community, vendors
- Be able to handle and execute desserts & pastries with a team for plated service restaurants and banquets
- Educate dining room service staff on all aspects of pastry offerings through tastings and staff presentation
- Ensure services are expedited effectively
- Hold team accountable to set up & break down of pastry prep and station according to Chef’s/Kitchen guideline
- Maintain positive working relationship with the team & Dining Room leaders and line staff throughout service periods
- Hold team accountable to following all recipes and presentation specifics (including but not limited to: standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards & ingredients)
- Accountable to ordering and maintaining the appropriate amount and quality of product in house and ensures team appropriately stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations during service period
- Tracks and reports any food waste, monitor food prep inconsistencies, evaluating and correcting team as needed
- Ensure team understands and adheres to correct maintenance and cleaning of all area, kitchen and walk-ins to all DOH safety and sanitation standards
- Maintain and properly use all kitchen equipment
- Prepare all food according to Food Handlers Guidelines
- Ensure that team handles, stores and rotates all products properly
- Ensure all team members are appropriately trained to execute station properly
- Provide continuous training and leadership to develop and grow the team members.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!The Benefits
– Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)