This position will commence in January 2021 and is open to Australian residents only or applicants who have the legal right to work in Australia. Part time and causal roles available.
About Hilton Melbourne Little Queen Street
A pre-opening opportunity not to be missed! The new Hilton Melbourne Little Queen Street due to open in February 2021 is set to be a showstopper. The hotel is built on the historically-significant Equity Chambers site and will feature 244 stylish guest rooms, including 10 spacious suites, a restaurant and bar, fully equipped gym, executive lounge and five meeting & event spaces.
About the role
The porters are responsible for being the welcoming face of this hotel, you will provide information and advice for guests with your knowledge of Melbourne and local attractions, offer reservation services, and oversee the management of guest luggage, mail and taxi services. Reporting to the Front Office Manager, you will work as part of a team on a rotating shift basis, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. Specifically the role will include:
- Managing guest luggage
- Show guests to their rooms and explain the amenities
- Valet Parking cars
- Arrange taxis and courier services
- Receive and deliver mail and messages
- Provide support to the Concierge desk
- Maintain current information on all hotel services as well as external locations, attractions, and landmarks in the hotel vicinity
- Project a professional manner with an emphasis on delivering excellent customer service
- Support other hotel departments when required
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in hospitality preferred
- Excellent personal presentation
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Confident communication skills and positive manner
- Australian Driver’s License (dual Manual & Automatic required)
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
At Hilton we know that our Team Members are the reason behind our success so in turn we are committed to ensuring that Hilton is a workplace where you can Thrive and make time for what matters most. Over the past three years we have held our top spot as the #1 hospitality company in Australia as listed by the Great Places to Work institute and in 2019 Hilton ranked #3 across all industries. You can also look forward to receiving:
- Access to Go Hilton, our Team Member Travel Program
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Extensive leadership and career development opportunities